Eliza Tukatmysheva triple axel | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Eliza Tukatmysheva triple axel

lavender

Record Breaker
Don't forget Polina Shelepen and Anna Ovcharova! Polina S can do several different 3-3 combinations and Anna got a really big FS score at Russian Junior Nats and is working on 3-3s as well. Also, Roza Sheveleva was looking good at that last Russian Cup event in the spring.

Thanks.... I also like Polina Shelepen.

There's a lot of futures of Russian skating not just one. I can't wait to see how they grow. I really enjoy their skating.

I don't remember seeing Anna Ovcharova skating.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Thanks.... I also like Polina Shelepen.

There's a lot of futures of Russian skating not just one. I can't wait to see how they grow. I really enjoy their skating.

I don't remember seeing Anna Ovcharova skating.

Really? She made quite a splash this season on the JGP and Russian scene. She's very expressive and musical and has a bit more elegance and maturity than a lot of other girls her age.

Her SP at JW was fantastic (link above^^) and her LP at Russian Junior Nationals was also great http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2_EytmJFwk . Technique on jumps is not the best, but she does have all her triples and is very young. So many promising qualities in this girl, and she improved hugely last season, if she can keep it up, I think she could be a threat to those other Russian girls. The judges at JW appeared to be willing to give her the JW title (or at the very least, a medal) had she only had her Russian Juniors LP at JW (her FS there was a bit of a mess, likely the nerves got to her), as her SP score was quite high.

prettykeys

Medalist
I'm very excited to see how these young Russian ladies will grow and develop. So much talent coming up in one batch! Eliza T. and Anna Ovcharova especially are fantastic. Eliza T.'s 3A is clean and light; I hope and believe it will survive the test of puberty.

lavender

Record Breaker
Thank you Lucky Star for the response and link. I looked her up later that day. Ok oops. I remember seeing her in that competition where I thought she came in 1st in the short program but I'll have to check again. Off to check...

Okay it was the junior world championship. She came in 1st in the short and then 8th in the long.

Polina A came in third overall and Polina S came in fourth.

Last edited:

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Thank you Lucky Star for the response and link. I looked her up later that day. Ok oops. I remember seeing her in that competition where I thought she came in 1st in the short program but I'll have to check again. Off to check...

Okay it was the junior world championship. She came in 1st in the short and then 8th in the long.

Polina A came in third overall and Polina S came in fourth.

Yeah the three Russians went 3, 4, 5 at junior worlds, they were the highest placing country in ladies. And realistically, it could have been even better, as Polina S bombed the SP there and Anna bombed the LP there, with both girls skating their best, they probably could have gone 2, 3, 4 or even 1, 3, 4. Polina S and Anna were both struggling a bit with consistency at the end of last season, both girls had grown a lot in a short time and were likely adjusting to the changes. I agree about Liza's 3a - it's gorgeous, and even if the success rate isn't great, it's good she's at least going for it.