AKIKO SUZUKI THREAD: The skater who wears her heart on her sleeves | Golden Skate

AKIKO SUZUKI THREAD: The skater who wears her heart on her sleeves

christinaskater

Medalist
I love her to pieces! I wish her all the best this up and coming season

I really hope she peaks at the Worlds!

Trewyn

Medalist
Yay! An Akiko thread! I really like her. There's a lovely quality to her skating, so musical and expressive and just charming. I met her in Turin and she was the sweetest, I don't know if she actually understood a word of English, but she looked so happy that I had a picture of her. I hope she has a great season! Akiko and Ashley are the skaters I'll be rooting for!!

mot

On the Ice
Her new season's SP looks very promising! I always wonder how on earth someone who appears to be so sweet and genteel off the ice can have such a HUGE personality on the ice!. A true performer. Mesmerising.
Also her technical ability should not be ignored - she's one of the few top lady's skaters, who can constantly include 5 different kinds of triples in LP. And stepwork sequences to die for...

Wishing her the best of luck in the coming season. (She might need it, considering how deep Japanese lady's field is...)

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
She's delightful! I enjoy SO many of the Japanese skaters, and Akiko is no exception. :love:

camion

On the Ice
Love this girl's energy. Btw, has it been announced what her LP music is going to be? I faintly skimmed over the Program's thread & didn't see anything.

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
I just loved how she pretty much fooled everybody and made the Olympics beating out Suguri and Nakano. I just watched her performance at Cup of China and it was pretty evident that she was going to be a serious threat in making the Olympic team. (Loved her LP btw) I hope she continues to thrive and give it this coming season :)

camion

On the Ice
All that I've heard about so far is her SP, which is to Jealousy Tango
Yes it is! She performed it in Dream on Ice. If you haven't watched it, you gotta check it out! It's great!!

I just loved how she pretty much fooled everybody and made the Olympics beating out Suguri and Nakano. I just watched her performance at Cup of China and it was pretty evident that she was going to be a serious threat in making the Olympic team. (Loved her LP btw) I hope she continues to thrive and give it this coming season :)

ITA. She overcame so many obstacles and her love for skating really shines through. This past Worlds wasn't her best, but she'll definitely come back strong. I'm still a little heartbroken for Nakano because she was so close to making it on the Olympic team twice, but I guess lady luck thought otherwise.