Japan Open | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Japan Open

Meli_Huber

On the Ice
It is sure that she will not skate?? Last I heard was she hopes to be able to skate there.
Japan Open is in one month, so I think, we must wait a little bit more to know if Laura is skating. Nobody knows when she will go back on ice. Maybe tommorrow, maybe in 2 months ...

champs

Final Flight
Interesting, I guess they don't seem to care to balance the number of pro/off-GPS skaters in each team any more.

If Lepisto's withdrawal is certain I wish Kostner or Makarova could go, but Kostner usually seems to avoid competitions/shows far from where she's based and I guess the date is too close to Finlandia for Makarova, who is scheduled to skate in Finland, Canada, and Russia in the next two months.

Nadine

Record Breaker
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *doing an imaginary back flip here, lol* :)^D

Seriously, I couldn't be happier! Julia Sebestian is always someone I have long admired, one whom tied Sonja's record this past Olympics by both having had the honor/the distinction of having competed in 4 Olympiads! *clapping*

And her jumps are to-die-for! Exactly like Irina Slutskaya's. :)

Nadine

Record Breaker
I don't know about that, seniorita, there may be some surprises in store for us all. :)

Seriously, if Julia can hit all her powerful high jumps, and Zhenya as well, and not to forget Brezina, well then we're in for a dogfight! A head-to-head competition, the best kind!!!!!

BRING IT ON!!!!!!

jasminum

Rinkside
Team Japan is :eek::eek::eek::eek: by a mile!!!Is there gonna be a broadcast?

According to the official website, it will be broadcasted two times: Oct 2, 7:00pm-8:54pm (JPN time) and Oct 9, 9:00pm-11:00pm (JPN time). I'm sure people will upload videos on Youtube.:party:

NMURA

Medalist
Men - Free Skating Results

1 Adam RIPPON USA 166.63 84.27 82.36 0.00 #4
2 Daisuke TAKAHASHI JPN 159.19 73.47 85.72 0.00 #6
3 Evgeni PLUSHENKO RUS 151.00 67.50 83.50 0.00 #5
4 Takahiko KOZUKA JPN 150.71 73.99 77.72 1.00 #3
5 Michal BREZINA CZE 134.90 60.04 74.86 0.00 #2
6 Jeffrey BUTTLE CAN 128.39 51.15 77.24 0.00 #1

TEAMS
1 Team Japan 309.90
Takahiko KOZUKA JPN 150.71
Daisuke TAKAHASHI JPN 159.19
2 Team North America 295.02
Jeffrey BUTTLE CAN 128.39
Adam RIPPON USA 166.63
3 Team Europe 285.90
Michal BREZINA CZE 134.90
Evgeni PLUSHENKO RUS 151.00

Trewyn

Medalist
Oh wow, I forgot it was today! I could totally have watched live! *hits forehead* Woot for Rippon!!!! That's an amazing start of the season for him!! Too bad Kozuka fell... But Team Japan is still in the lead, so he's done enough. What time do the Ladies hit the ice?? (I'll try not to miss that)

ETA: okay, so apparantly there isn't a feed and apparantly the Ladies have practically finished :p Neeever mind...

Nadine

Record Breaker
I finally finished all my work and immediately ran here & fsu to see the results!

I'm happy for Adam Rippon (I predicted at Nationals when I saw him for the first time he would one day be Olympic Champion, he's that good!); classic skater, inventive, a skater's skater. :) But I'm sad for Mao; still I didn't expect much because she's shown she's not an early season skater. She'll come on strong for 4CC & Worlds. :)^)

Zhenya's just having a good time obviously, as he should, he's earned it. :)

And good for Julia to be invited, and to do two 3lutzes!!!! Can't wait to see this televised!

Nadine

Record Breaker
OMG, I just realized that Mao did all 5 different triples!!!!! *clapping & doing an imaginary backflip here*

On fsu a poster stated she did the following:

2a?3T
1f
3Z
spin
1.5A
3F
spiral
3S!!!
spin
stss not smooth yet
3R
flying spin

That's great! She's going for all 5 different triples, and when she adds the 3A that'll be 6 different triples!! :)

Nadine

Record Breaker
Lol, thanks so much for the link, seniorita, love it!!!! That guy's hilarious! :laugh:

And OMG I can't believe Zhenya did Nijinski, as someone posted earlier today he was doing something else (can't recall at the moment). Can't wait to see it! :)

Nadine

Record Breaker
Oops, I just noticed that Mao fell on the 3Z & the 3F, thus she got two automatic deductions (-2) off her total score for the falls. But she went for it, that's what important, also the poster said her opening 2A/3T could have been a 3A/3T? She said to watch the televison version for clarification. :)

ordinary person

On the Ice
This just proves she is just not a great figure skater,no offence after some of those cheating jumps last season,her skating is awful.
Two years ago was was a lot better,and i told you Joannie was going to dominate here:laugh:

Last edited: