Japan Open | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Japan Open

dlgpffps

Final Flight
OMG, I just realized that Mao did all 5 different triples!!!!! *clapping & doing an imaginary backflip here*

On fsu a poster stated she did the following:

2a?3T
1f
3Z
spin
1.5A
3F
spiral
3S!!!
spin
stss not smooth yet
3R
flying spin

That's great! She's going for all 5 different triples, and when she adds the 3A that'll be 6 different triples!! :)

My gosh, that's awful. Why does Mao always have such terrible first showings?
Can't wait to see the program itself though.

Adam's score is :eek: Can't wait to see the progam.

dlgpffps

Final Flight
That's great! She's going for all 5 different triples, and when she adds the 3A that'll be 6 different triples!! :)

Yes, but of course kudos to her for trying. She never stops or compromises. Love her spunk.

Trewyn

Medalist
I can't wait to see the videos showing up!! But OMG look how close the score is between Japan and North America!!! North America almost snagged this one away from a Team Japan that everyone thought was unbeatable! Congrats to Joannie and Adam for winning their events!! Looks like Joannie might really show up for Canadians to break that record! Glad Dai and Kozuka are going for quads.

seniorita

Record Breaker
it is broadcasted now, stream is not the best, but Buttle 's program so far looked cool!

i wish Brezina has changed his Lp also, it looks boring for second season, costume also.

Last edited:

sigrid

On the Ice
Massive score for Adam, I'm so happy for him, watched the program and seems quite solid, but the stream wasn't enough good to tell.

seniorita

Record Breaker
Plushy's first program without quad and his first 'e' :hb:he did pretty well with a 6.0 program and no 3 combos!

cant wait for the men videos!

NMURA

Medalist
Planned jump layout

Mao Asada

2A+3T
3F+2Lo
3Lz
3A
3F+2T
3S
3Lo

I'm not sure about the final plan. If she could handle this, maybe another 3A and/or 3-3 are included.

Takahashi

4T
3A
3Lo
3F+3T
3A+2T+2Lo
3Lz
3S
3Lz+2T

He's pleased with the successful quad and still ambitious for 4F.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Plushy's first program without quad and his first 'e' :hb:he did pretty well with a 6.0 program and no 3 combos!

cant wait for the men videos!

You dont count his qualifying skate at 2005 worlds? He eventually pulled out of that but so maybe yo don't count that.

seniorita

Record Breaker
oh yes, I have erased this from my memory, anything painful i erase it fast!
I lol at his jump layout in Jo, he went for a picnic there, still good score for what he did, glad he saw an "e " in his flip and that the catchfoot combo spin doesnt work in levels.

fairly4

Medalist
saw joannie on you tube-her jumping technique looks better than ever--
a bit of downer her spins traveled a bit.
she did a good job--
about right for the score--
of course it is the same number as last year, so for me naturally it should be better.
but it works, to me the jumps are clearer and not an iffy ur like sometimes she did in the past.
but great skate for her. i personally thought she skated it better than she did last year.

fairly4

Medalist
saw mao--hopefully she will improve for nhk--might have her hands full, but will be a great number for her clean.
i feel sorry for her thought.
the skating number shows promise though