Mirai injured?? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Mirai injured??

gold12345

Medalist
Poor Mirai. Has she had problems with this foot in the past? But if you're going to have a stress fracture, the offseason is of course the best time to have it. She probably will be fine.

fairly4

Medalist
i amy sorry for mirai --but--
let see--top in nationals 3years ago-came out with out with growth spurt-stress facture.
year later anothe injury

now she wants to be it, came out with stress facture again--yes the soft cast is on, why did she take off cast for shoes,
how hurt is she really-a lilght stress facture or more. is she using injuries as excuses as to why she screws up in competition.
yes she is injured-but it seems like everything she is suppose to do something miria comes out with an injury, sickness instead of just saying i skated bad at that competition and wasn't ready.
she laughed regrading her injury. she is bragging about injury
i can't get all worked up regarding her injury=yes i feel bad, but there are questions. me being cynic i suppose . why her track record.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
let see--top in nationals 3years ago-came out with out with growth spurt-stress facture.
year later anothe injury

now she wants to be it, came out with stress facture again--yes the soft cast is on, why did she take off cast for shoes,
how hurt is she really-a lilght stress facture or more. is she using injuries as excuses as to why she screws up in competition.
yes she is injured-but it seems like everything she is suppose to do something miria comes out with an injury, sickness instead of just saying i skated bad at that competition and wasn't ready.
i can't get all worked up regarding her injury=yes i feel bad, but there are questions. me being cynic i suppose . why her track record.

Why so harsh on Mirai? It is obvious the girl has chronic foot problems (like Evan). It is only probable they w ould rear up at the end of the season, especially after the olympics for which she trained hard. Mirai should have rested right away after worlds, if she had, she would have been fine by now.

janetfan

Match Penalty

Track record?
How about a Gold and Siver medal at US Natls and 4th at her first olympics - before she had ever even competed at a senior worlds?

I think Mirai has a track record most of the current US Ladies wouldn't mind having.
I don't recall her having a stress fracture in her foot before. I thought it was an ankle and/or shin problem.

I agree with TM - maybe too much skating last season.
Her atitude sounds positive and hope she really does listen to her coach when it comes to skating and training.

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
I don't think Mirai is faking anything. She suffered a prolonged use injury. From what I read, the cast should be off by now, but she lost valuable training time. I don't know if she will be ready for the Grand Prix.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
year later anothe injury

Is there any skater you are not "cynical" about?

So let me make sure I understand this: Mirai is faking or exaggerating the stress fracture and cast just to get out of training and having an excuse for future poor showing in competitions? (Under Frank Carroll's nose, no less.) Hmm, well, OK. :rolleye:

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Is there any skater you are not "cynical" about?

So let me make sure I understand this: Mirai is faking or exaggerating the stress fracture and cast just to get out of training and having an excuse for future poor showing in competitions? (Under Frank Carroll's nose, no less.) Hmm, well, OK. :rolleye:

Yeahhh I agree with you. Mirai is not faking this injury - there would be no point. That's just absurd, I can't think of any reason why she would fake or exaggerate an injury. It's not like people are going to do anything to her if she doesn't win tons of medals this season, that's just life for skaters, sometimes when you compete things just don't work out right. It happens to everyone.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Yeahhh I agree with you. Mirai is not faking this injury - there would be no point. That's just absurd, I can't think of any reason why she would fake or exaggerate an injury. It's not like people are going to do anything to her if she doesn't win tons of medals this season, that's just life for skaters, sometimes when you compete things just don't work out right. It happens to everyone.

and didn't Mirai miss a trip to the Japan Open due to this injury? She always says how much she likes to go to Japan where she has alot of family and fans. I just hope she heals up well and has a great season.

Go Mirai

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Nagasu doesn't strike me as the type who would fake an injury or make lame excuses. She seems to be straight up and (mostly) transparent as to the reasons for her setbacks. Just read her interviews and you'll know what I mean. Recently, I think she said she would have been able to train through the injury but to be on the safe side (always a good thing) decided to rest it in order for it to heal quicker.

This is unlike some skaters who might "fall back" on injury or illness when the going gets tough.

Last edited:

kalle

On the Ice
I hope she will be back strong and ready for her GP events, I have a soft spot for Mirai and I cannot understand why anyone would think that she is faking her injury..

In the meantime, I finally found a link with her Olympic LP that is working for me here in France :yay:

http://video.yandex.ru/users/jejel/view/169/

NMURA

Medalist
It could be Frank Caroll's order to "cancel". He's clealy involved in last year's JO case. Lysacek and Nagasu have pull out for some very vague reasons (not injury or anything) and Bebe Liang was invited (or sent) as a replacement.

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
It could be Frank Caroll's order to "cancel". He's clealy involved in last year's JO case. Lysacek and Nagasu have pull out for some very vague reasons (not injury or anything) and Bebe Liang was invited (or sent) as a replacement.

I don't think so. The Japan open is not an ISU event where you need an excuse to withdraw. It's a money making exhibition. If Mirai does not wish to attend, or Frank does not want her to, she just tells them to give her paycheck to someone else. No trickery is required.

Pikachuusb

On the Ice
It's ridiculous to think that she is faking her injury, cynic or not. Her track record is quite good. A gold & silver for 3 Nationals is more than most girls will ever achieve. People get injured, it happens and she is not one to make stuff up like that.

See, this is yet another reason why I'm glad there is a block button on this site

janetfan

Match Penalty
works for me in the U.S as well! thanks for the chance to relieve that feel-good performance. I never saw anybody so happy with 4th place.

Speaking of placements - I thought Dai looked awfully happy with third place in Vancouver. He was beaming on the podium! Some skaters are perhaps better sportsman than others.

Johnny reacted very well when his marks came up in Vancouver. It was nice to see him show such a good spirit even as we can imagine how disappointed he might have been.

I remember how gracious B/A acted with 4th place as well. Not a bad word about the judging, the system, and they just showed a wonderful Olympic spirit.

Last edited:

fairly4

Medalist
i think she is overstating her injury--.
she is playing it up to make an excuse if she skates bad. she has an all made excuse if she fall. i didn't skate well because of stress facture, boots, bad back, flu . colds,
growth spurt.
it seems all skater use an excuse as to why they fall, or don't skate well. instead of just stating obvious, i wasn't thinking, i didn't practice the way i should have.
i didn't think through my program, i got ahead of myself in the program. or it just wasn't my day.

no- i am cyncial about the sport as a whole and that includes the skaters.
off topic-the skating community had over 100 years to judge fair, follow the rules, not play poltics ,to not break rules, to judge the skaters excatly the same, in others no favorites,
but they keep on doing for over 100 years and this new scoring system is worse. they cop definetly plays up the judges favorites (in other words the ones they want to win over they ones they don't. ithey keep them down by low goe scores and the ones they want up they keep up there in goes (high goes or plus goes) no matter how they skate.
yes-i am cyncial about the process and if the skater each year comes out with an injury.
her injury is in down --why she stated she took off her soft cast and walked around in shoes and flip flops, which can't be good for her injured foot-stress facture.
the soft cast was put in cause it was healing correctly and didn't want to injury it furtherj-however mirai saw fit to take it off and walk around in shoes, and flip, flops and she bemoaned the fact she couldn't walki in high heels. with her cast that should have been the last thing on her mind.
the skaters, coaches and federation had how many years to straighten

R.D.

Record Breaker
^ Once again, Nagasu has actually been very critical of herself in the press. I think she is choosing to rest her foot a little longer than required to allow it to heal faster.

I think you are confusing her with someone else though

Layfan

Record Breaker
I hope she will be back strong and ready for her GP events, I have a soft spot for Mirai and I cannot understand why anyone would think that she is faking her injury..

In the meantime, I finally found a link with her Olympic LP that is working for me here in France :yay:

http://video.yandex.ru/users/jejel/view/169/

THANK YOU!!!! I've been dying to re-watch that for ages. It was even better than I rememberd. I think I was a little too nervous watching the Olympics to fully enjoy Mirai, or anyone. I've been dying to re-watch Yuna too because I was so terrified for her that I couldn't relax and just enjoy the amazing performance that it was.

janetfan

Match Penalty
^ Once again, Nagasu has actually been very critical of herself in the press. I think she is choosing to rest her foot a little longer than required to allow it to heal faster.

I think you are confusing her with someone else though

Caroline ? ;)

burntBREAD

Medalist
Caroline ? ;)

Nope, Caroline's actually been refreshingly straightforward in her criticism of her own skating and addressing these issues (check the new article on IceNetwork about her)...I'm not sure what fairly4 is even thinking about but to be honest it appears as though they're just one of those people who just think everyone's out to make excuses...:sheesh: