Favorite and Least Favorite Moves from your most beloved skaters! | Golden Skate

Favorite and Least Favorite Moves from your most beloved skaters!

aftertherain

Record Breaker
I've noticed that a lot of topics on this forum is either about favorite moves from a skater or least favorite moves from a skater, but not usually about both. So I created a thread where we can all discuss what moves from particular skaters make us happy and which ones makes us peeved.

MICHELLE KWAN
  • Favorite: COE Arabesque Spiral (Duh!), Falling Leaf Split, Hydroblading, Edges
  • Least Favorite: Cross-grab catch-foot spin (did one at 2000(?) Skate Canada), I-Spin (She attempted one in an old TV special with a former boyband called O-Town.)

SASHA COHEN
  • Favorite: 90% her spins and spirals (i.e. Y-Spin and I-Spin; especially her I-Spin!)
  • Least favorite: Her jumps. (Her quad at the 2001 Skate America practice was cool though.)

YUN-A KIM
  • Favorite: Any of her triple-triples; esp. the 3Lz-3T, Layback Ina Bauer, Arabesque Spiral (It’s grown on me)
  • Least favorite: One-handed Biellmann spiral (Her leg looks kinda like a jacket thrown over her shoulder), Camel Spin (not the Yun-a camel)

MAO ASADA
  • Favorite: Kerrigan spiral, lightness of foot (jump-wise), Cross-grab catch-foot spiral, Y-Spin
  • Least favorite: Sit spin in a shoot-the-duck position, entrance into her axels

CAROLINE ZHANG
  • Favorite: Layback Spin into a Pearl Spin or Layback into a Pearl spin into a Haircutter Spin (see ‘Caroline Zhang JGPF Finale Spin!’ on Youtube)
  • Least favorite: I think we all know what this is. =/

MINJEONG KWAK
  • Favorite: Fan spiral (one of the prettiest I’ve ever seen!)
  • Least favorite: Falling Leaf Split

SHIZUKA ARAKAWA
  • Favorite: LAYBACK INA BAUER. Period.
  • Least Favorite: Arabesque Spiral

SHEN/ZHAO
  • Favorite: Throw jumps! :D
  • Least favorite: Their most recent competitive death spiral.

SAVCHENKO/SZOLKOWY
  • Favorite: Throw Triple Flip (even if their landings are a bit off)
  • Least favorite: SBS 3T-3T+SEQ and that weird Ina Bauer-Bent Knee-Spread Eagle thing they do for about two seconds in every FS …

**Note: Not intended to be a discussion on style, expressions, presentation or artistry; just technical elements and the like. ;) Hope you know what I mean. :)

gmyers

Record Breaker
Plushenko favorite-quad-tirple and camel spin /least favorite-anticlimactic endings

Wrlmy

Medalist
Alissa Czisny
favorite- Spins, Russian split, charlotte
least favorite- standard spiral position. Great stretch and amplitude, but the angle is little off.

Mirai Nagasu
favorite- standard spiral position. Great stretch and superb upper body position.
least favorite- biellman spin. Not aesthetically pleasant despite flexibility. Same could be said about her ina bauer.

Stephane Lambiel
favorite- all of his spins. Period.
least favorite- excessive knee-bend on jump landings