Mao Asada news | Page 33 | Golden Skate

Mao Asada news

I'm so excited about this new dynamic duo! They seem to be a good match. Here's hoping this begins Mao's resurgence!

Binthere

On the Ice
I soooo admire Mr. Sato. His coaching is like a Zen master. His students seem to have such respect. It is all so very old school and based on integrity, effort, honor and heart. It seems to be having the kind of calming effect on Mao that in my eyes has put a smile back on her face as she skates, especially when she competes.

I can only imagine that it must be the case that Mr. Sato's daughter, the wonderful Yuka Sato, has some of these same calm and philosophical traits in her arsenal. Just to see the impact that she has had on some "head case" type competitors like Jeremy and Alissa - beautiful artists who have struggled with nerves at competitions, must be a wonderful aspect for a coach to have.

With Mr. Sato, I see Mao as having the kind of longevity to her career that I had always hoped for, but worried whether it would be the case given the smile that was absent from her face at times last season.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
My husband, who does not follow skating at all, actually said, "Wow, Mao looks a lot happier than she did last year." That tells me that she's clearly in a much better place right now. :)

Mr. Sato seems to have a Zen master quality to him, as Binthere said. I love, love, love his backrub/push he gives to Taka Kozuka before he skates.