I hate writing cover letters!!!!!!! | Golden Skate

I hate writing cover letters!!!!!!!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
UGH! Census is quickly wrapping up and I've been applying for anything and everything I could, with no luck. I'm rewriting cover letters left and right and I hate it. I feel like I'm either talking too much or too little and I'm just nit picking it to death - I did that all through jr. high and high school with all of my papers, even those most of my first drafts had very few corrections needed by my teachers I still freaked out that they weren't good enough.

Why do I have to make something so easy so difficult????? UGH!

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
Yes, it is not easy. A cover letter should not be any more than one page, and a resume should not be more than 3. In each letter, there should be something specific about the job you are applying for. Just cut-and-paste doesn't work for letters. Have a basic form, then make little alterations specific for each job. Good luck.

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Yes, it is not easy. A cover letter should not be any more than one page, and a resume should not be more than 3. In each letter, there should be something specific about the job you are applying for. Just cut-and-paste doesn't work for letters. Have a basic form, then male little alterations specific for each job. Good luck.

yeah, I know, but I feel that if I use an entire page I am still talking too much lol

my mom looked over the one I sent out last night, she said I was stressing for nothing. oh well... I still think it sucks.

heyang

Record Breaker
If you go into the corporate world, it'll never stop. A one paragraph e-mail can take me over an hour to get 'right'.