Do fire and heat affect skaters in Moskau? | Golden Skate

Do fire and heat affect skaters in Moskau?

euroskate

Final Flight
I was just wondering how the Moskau skaters are handling the bad conditions with the heat and the fire. Does ist affect their season preparations? Does anyone have infos?

Lucky Star

Final Flight
Guess just like other people they keep on doing what they have to do. Of corse, it affect preparations, but they work as hard as before. BTW, the situation is getting better. At least in my city (not that far from Moscow), it's much better now

It's good to hear that things are improving in your city. What a terrible summer. Of course the heat is bad enough, but it's the air quality that can really sicken and kill people. I hope conditions continue to improve.

RUKen

Rinkside
The Reed siblings (ice dancers who represent Japan) had moved to Moscow to train, but have recently fled to Milan because the conditions in Moscow were unbearable. Nikolai Morozov and his skaters have reportedly relocated to Latvia.

nolwenn

Rinkside
Pechalat/Bourzat and Amodio who were training in Moscow fled back to France because of the conditions in Moscow.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Glad to hear the conditions are improving in Moscow, and the surrounding areas in Russia. Sounds like a horrible weather ordeal for all affected.