Fedor Andreev and Jana Khokhlova | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Fedor Andreev and Jana Khokhlova

cloudkicker09

Final Flight
Is that a good thing or a bad thing, because they are my favorite dance team, and I have not even seen them skate yet

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
New s.p.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHY7YoaYIuY

Do they have a chance at Nats?

thanks for the link. he needs to match her leg line... I hate it when the male partner can't/won't match the extention and height of their partner, it's so distracting. not sure what their chances are at nationals as I'm not up to date on all of the dance teams in Russia.

Is this a Cinderella program? He definitely has the Disney Prince Charming Costume on, but I can't really recognize the music.

colleen o'neill

Medalist
:):) It's the waltz from the Russian movie of War and peace. It's Natasha's first waltz. Hence the Empire costumes.

Jana is gorgeous in that dress ( what a thrill to be able to love her costume ), and Fedor is very dashing. I think this is very promising, given that it's a practice and they've been together no more than 5 mo.'s. I'm pleased, but I never expected they'd go to the very top at first exposure...

I'm looking forward to seeing this in competition..and ,of course , their Beatles FD.

Oops! ... as parasolka already explained..:biggrin:

Last edited:

Nadine

Record Breaker
I honestly think they look FAB! :love: :thumbsup:

Lol, to my complete surprise because I truthfully thought they would end up looking like the "flea & gorilla", but they have proven me wrong once again. I can't wait for them to prove their detractors wrong as well.

Admittedly I don't know much about ice dance these days, but from an aesthetic point of view, they draw my attention & make me watch them. :) And I can see where Tonichelle gets the Disney idea (btw I love Disney too!), as Fedor looks like a dashing Prince Charming, and Jana Cinderella at the Ball. :)^)

I'm just so glad that Jana has dropped the garish, overdone circus look, and instead opted for refinement, class, elegance, ahhh....

:love:GOOOOOOOO FEDOR & JANA!!!!:love:

Big Deal

Final Flight
It is a loooooong way to go, but it is NOT hopeless at all.
His postures are far from beeing elegant yet, but the whole thing has a certain sign to be classy.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Cinderella program? You must be joking! This world can offer some more than Disney production.

no I wasn't joking, his costume pretty much matches what they have Prince Charming wear. And Cinderella is many many years older than Disney's retelling, so I don't consider it a "Disney Production"

L'amour

On the Ice
no I wasn't joking, his costume pretty much matches what they have Prince Charming wear. And Cinderella is many many years older than Disney's retelling, so I don't consider it a "Disney Production"

Yes, I first tougth it was Cinderella to.

Hi is very...hummm....rustic....he needs a lot more work. Most of teh top team in ice dance treain together for 10 years, Jana and Fedor just team up, their conection isn't really good.

She shiens on ice and is great too see her in a decent costume (thank you Marina!) but fedor needs a lot work, they still look like 2 ppl on ice dancing around.

colleen o'neill

Medalist
I think the music is fairly reminiscent of Prokofiev's Cinderella , as well.

It's a good first outing, I'd say. Of course there's room for improvement , but what they've managed to do in the short time they've had, considering all they had to overcome , is pretty darn good.

Ituriel

On the Ice
Yes they look fine for to be their first time, with 5 months of training. But in RusNats B/S, I/K, R/T, G/B won't leave them a chance. The next season maybe K/A would improve, but at least three of the great juniors that made it JGPF this season will be seniors...

Sorry if that sounded too alarmist, I'm in panic :bang:

I think the music is fairly reminiscent of Prokofiev's Cinderella , as well.

Indeed! The composer of the film score was Vyacheslav Ovchinnikov, who studied composing under Tikhon Khrennikov. Khrennikov was the head of the officially sanctioned Soviet Composer's Union, whose job it was to encourage composition in the Russian style and condemn to the gulags composers who were tainted with Western influence.

Prokofiev was one of the tainted. But later in life he cleaned up his act, returned to the Soviet Union (from New York and Paris) and suddenly proclaimed that he had seen the light. (Prokofiev's wife, by the way, was convicted as a spy and sentenced to twenty years.)

Anyway, the newly reformed Profofiev was working on Cinderella when World War II broke out. He immediately stopped working on his ballet and wrote instead the patriotic opera War and Peace. This work was well recieved by Khrennikov,who found it sufficiently grounded in the revolutionary spirit of the Soviet peoples (although with resrvations -- it still contained some elements of "formalism" -- i.e, Western degeneration.)

On modern recordings of Prokofiev's works his Waltzes from Cinderella and Waltz for (Natasha s) New Year's Ball from his War and Peace opera are often paired.