Kim's representatives end Orser's coaching relationship threads merged | Golden Skate

Kim's representatives end Orser's coaching relationship threads merged

alfoalfo

Rinkside
Merged from thread started by gsk8. This is official press release from IMG.

Press Release

August 24, 2010 (New York, NY) – Meehee Park, Kim’s mother and a representative with AT Sports,( Kim’s agency), met with Brian Orser and Tracy Wilson on August 2, 2010 in Toronto, Canada. They both informed the two-time Olympic Medalist that he would no longer be retained to coach Kim. No reason was given for the sudden and unexpected decision. At the present time Kim continues to train at the Cricket Club in Toronto, Canada.

Under Orser’s four year successful tutelage Kim captured the World Championships, the 2010 Olympic Gold Medal in Vancouver and countless other titles. In addition to Kim, Orser coaches many future hopefuls including U.S. skaters Adam Rippon and Christina Gao.

“I am honored to have worked with such a talented and gifted skater,” said Orser. “I wish her all the best as she moves forward in her skating career.”

More from AFP

====================================================================
This post was originally in Yu Na News, written by alfoalfo:

I don't mean to ruin the mood here.
But is it true that Yuna split with Brian??

The article is here, http://kr.news.yahoo.com/service/ne...&articleid=2010082410474941570&newssetid=1352

can a native speaker please translate this?
Thank you :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Jiyu

Spectator
This article said Yuna split with Brian, and the source is from IMG Newyork.
Actually, the reporter who writes this article is not good.

i love to skate

Medalist
Surprising news!

What was most surprising to me though is that Yuna was not present at the meeting where Orser was fired. One would think she would want to be present to deliver the news and to thank the person who helped her achieve so much.

brownfox

On the Ice
Even Yuna's agency ATS in Korea is clueless about this. But there will be a formal announcement this afternoon.

alfoalfo

Rinkside
As in the reporter is not credible?
Eitherway I think I'll just wait for Yuna's side to release an official statement regarding this issue.

It just doesn't really make sense to me that Yuna would allow her mom to do that given that Yuna is the very person who shed tears over Brian an how he was more than just a coach to her. I would think that she would at least have told him in person or something.

And it doesn't look like she will be retiring any time soon since she's got the LP.
Just doesn't seem right to me :think:

What is going on! Oh, my paws and whiskers.

I don't know what to make of this. Is it April 1?

Well, thank goodness she has the OGM. It doesn't matter what she does at this point; her legacy is assured. And so, thankfully, is Orser's.

Maybe this is a mistake?

brownfox

On the Ice
Surprising news!

What was most surprising to me though is that Yuna was not present at the meeting where Orser was fired. One would think she would want to be present to deliver the news and to thank the person who helped her achieve so much.

Yuna is still training in Toronto, right?

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
I definitely believe that she will retire soon. There is not much motivation to continue competing while there are a lot of money waiting for her.

Last edited:

LeCygne

Final Flight
I think the article says she is still in Toronto at the Cricket Club. Wouldn't that be awkward.. I'm also surprised that Yu-Na wasn't there to inform Brian herself. I would hope they had a good talk about this though.

i love to skate

Medalist
Ahh thanks guys. :) I didn't read the article on here - I read a loose translation on another forum! Taking in this information, I am even more shocked that Yuna did not attend the "firing meeting" if she is still in Toronto! What an awkward situation. I don't think she will be staying in Toronto for much longer - I think she will head back to Korea.

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
WHAT??? Wow, I had them in my mind as a matchless coach-athlete combination. Orser seemed so good for her technically, mentally, and emotionally. Color me shocked!