Kim's representatives end Orser's coaching relationship threads merged | Page 66 | Golden Skate

Kim's representatives end Orser's coaching relationship threads merged

wallylutz

Medalist
I think it is not a big deal because it is utterly trivial.

Someone is going to skate to such-and-such music and has a great program planned? Well, that's nice. No need for cloak and dagger secrecy.

I can second your statement. It's just silly for any skater to adopt a secret approach re: their music. It's unnecessary and most likely, it won't have any impact on the judges.

It certainly wasn't her music choice that got her the gold in Vancouver.

wallylutz

Medalist
In Brian's every interview, he critized only how he was treated and never attacked the other party in a personal level and even suggested a room for reconciliation (e.g., he said he will still coach Yuna if she and her mom decide to). However, I got the impression that Yuna's party was full of personal attack (e.g., calling him liar, and now the statement in response to his revealing the LP music saying, "This can only be construed as a move intended to hurt the skater'').

And in my view, this is inappropriate and hurt Ms. Kim more than it does to Mr. Orser. Brian Orser isn't competing anymore but Kim probably will again. Hence, this fiasco could really hurt Kim emotionally among some judges. I feel more inclined to mark her more harshly as a result of this event.

They both are hurting each other, one side unintentionally, the other on purpose and maliciously.

It is my impression that Yuna camp kept their mouth shut not because they didn't want to disclose the reasons, but because they had no good reasons. They have been waited and waited till Brian made a mouth slip and finally found a good reason to fight back.

Not a wise move either. At the end of the day, such revelation is trivial and carries no teeth since it's almost impossible to prove damage in this kind of case. If Kim camp foolishly believes this can be somekind of legal threat to Orser, they are trully clueless and should consult a Canadian lawyer ASAP.

Last edited:

camion

On the Ice
Minjung also split with Mr Orser and her new coach is Chi Hyunjung, who taught Yuna when she won the Junior worlds in 2005.

Here, Ms Chi says that Yuna, then 14, could grow up to be a world class skater as her artistry grows.
http://news.naver.com/main/vod/vod.nhn?oid=052&aid=0000063100

And Ms Chi choreoed Ben with Yuna.:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4M6FAzzzEc8&feature=player_embedded

Do you think Minjung is gonna train with Yuna once Yuna decides who she wants her permanent coach to be? I know she's been having problems with her back and is receiving treatment in Korea. I just think she'll grow even more as a skater if she trains alongside Yuna.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Do you think Minjung is gonna train with Yuna once Yuna decides who she wants her permanent coach to be? I know she's been having problems with her back and is receiving treatment in Korea. I just think she'll grow even more as a skater if she trains alongside Yuna.

I would not be at all surprised if she followed yu-na to Los Angeles. After all, she followed her to Canada and promptly left when Yu-na did.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I would not be at all surprised if she followed yu-na to Los Angeles. After all, she followed her to Canada and promptly left when Yu-na did.

I agree. Yuna and Min-Jung seem like good friends, and I think if Min-Jung really wants to make it as a skater she's going to have to train somewhere other than Korea eventually. Plus, LA is closer to Korea than Canada :).

sunny0760

On the Ice

camion, Tinymavy14, silverlake22, I respect your opinions.:)

My guess is that Ms Chi will coach Minjung quite a while. I never got an impression that Ms Chi is going to be only a temporary coach and Minjung will soon participate in the competion in Korea to decide who will go to the Asian Games and GPs.

Well, I wish her experience with Orser and Wilson had been a good influence to her.

As for Ms Chi, I don't know much about her. She seems to be a very strict, ambitious young coach. Coaching Minjung will be a challenge for her too.

camion

On the Ice
Thanks for replying sunny0760. I also didn't get the impression Chi was only a temporary coach. I wish Minjung all the best. But her and Yuna's relationship was so close. I hope they never lose that bond. I remember Yuna saying that she was kind of lonely not having teammates at competitions. :(