Ladies JGP Courchevel | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Ladies JGP Courchevel

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Poor Silete, just missed the podium.. Great for Shelepen for scoring above 100.

Top 10 in TES:

1 Polina SHELEPEN RUS 59.85
2 Yasmin SIRAJ USA 53.11
3 Rosa SHEVELEVA RUS 52.91
4 Yretha SILETE FRA 43.98
5 Lenaelle GILLERON-GORY FRA 43.01
6 Alina FJODOROVA LAT 40.89
7 Nina JIANG USA 40.47
8 Gerli LIINAMÄE EST 40.47
9 Roanna Sari OSHIKAWA JPN 39.68
10 Anne Line GJERSEM NOR 39.63

Top 10 in PCS:

1 Yasmin SIRAJ USA 44.81
2 Nina JIANG USA 43.55
3 Polina SHELEPEN RUS 43.46
4 Rosa SHEVELEVA RUS 42.96
5 Anais VENTARD FRA 42.25
6 Yretha SILETE FRA 41.38
7 Lenaelle GILLERON-GORY FRA 37.08
8 Anastasia KONONENKO UKR 36.47
9 Kana MURAMOTO JPN 36.39
10 Cecilia TÖRN FIN 36.23

Lucky Star

Final Flight
Congrats to Rosa and Yasmin with their first JGP medals! And of course congrats to Polina, she deserves it! FS with 7 triples and 2A-3T combos in august is great!

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Wow, bravo to Shepelen!!!

Off subject, does Agafonova have Jgp events?

I know, I was impressed with her jump success considering her growthspurt and injury!

And yes, Agafonova is assigned to JGP #3 Graz, Austria. I assume she will be assigned a 2nd event but all the entry lists are not out yet and it may depend on how she does at her 1st event. Graz should be an exciting event with Agafonova, Sotnikova, and Gao.

Morning Glory

On the Ice
Congratulations, Polina!

Yeah,they won't...
Still,a little happy her placement's upper than Sp's.
maybe other 2 skaters,Kako Tomotaki and Miobi Oniwa get 1 slot?
I've never seen Kako,but Miobi did second triple even 3Lo.

Miyabi Ohba? Yes, she has 2A+3Lo, but it's not constant.

Kako is now in the Asian Torophy, if she does well there, she may be get a slot.

silverlake22

Record Breaker

Polina's grown up a lot and can still jump, but I find both Yasmin and Roza much more enjoyable to watch, and better all-around skaters. Yasmin especially has a great presence on the ice. Maybe I'm in the minority who see it this way though.

feraina

Record Breaker
Polina's grown up a lot and can still jump, but I find both Yasmin and Roza much more enjoyable to watch, and better all-around skaters. Yasmin especially has a great presence on the ice. Maybe I'm in the minority who see it this way though.

Well, Yasmin did get the highest PCS in both SP and LP, so the judges seem to agree with you anyway. :)

But where is Nina? I want to see her programs too!

oleada

Record Breaker
I like Sheveleva the most out of the ladies. Yazmin is good, but can be gawky and awkward. Sheveleva's toe jumps are amazing and she's got great speed.

Meli_Huber

On the Ice
No, you are not the only one. I also like Yasmins skating. Much presence. But she is so small and thin. There will come the time she will grow and get a "woman", and I am not a fan of her jumps, her technique, especially on the landings is not so good, so I really hope, that she will not get much problems.

Polina really grows. She looks so much bigger and taller than last season. She looks more than a women now and is not so thin than last season. Really impressive that she have all her jumps back again. But her skating is really worse. Her pirourettes for me are better than last season. I really HATE this short programm. Her long is much better, but far away from good. She is young, but there must something happen with her skating very soon!

Sheveleva really impressed me! Looks also much bigger than last season. Her jumps are good, good speed and skating and her pirourettes are also good. Nice girl. Nice to see her at the second JGP again. Hope she can medal again and get a little more points than here.
Form this 3 girls, she is my favourit!! :thumbsup:

euroskate

Final Flight
I just saw the vids of the top ladies and i must say i don´t understand the hype aboute shelepen.I don´t like her style (if she has any) and I think her jump technique is weak. If she grows and gains waight she is not going to jump clean anymore. sheveleva to the contrary has really great jumps, but i don´t like her skating either. about silete i don´t know jet. The only program i really liked and had good coreo was the long of Yasmin siarai´s

Meli_Huber

On the Ice
I love Nina. She is really fabelous. After her worse summer competitions, I think, nobody really believed she will do so well here.
I also hope she will get a second JGP. Want to see her again. :)

With Rosa, she´s my favourit at this JGP. Really intresting in what will happen in the next JGPs ... so many talents, and it´s so great to see how they develop. Good luck to all of them!

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I love Nina. She is really fabelous. After her worse summer competitions, I think, nobody really believed she will do so well here.
I also hope she will get a second JGP. Want to see her again. :)

With Rosa, she´s my favourit at this JGP. Really intresting in what will happen in the next JGPs ... so many talents, and it´s so great to see how they develop. Good luck to all of them!

ITA. Rosa's toe-pick jumps are amazing, Yu-Na quality there. I prefer her to Shelepen.

Eris

On the Ice
Oh, I love Nina! I prefer her and Yasmin at this JGP.
Yasmin's programs are amazing and her presentation is good, too. :)