Tuktamysheva ready to make an impact | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Tuktamysheva ready to make an impact

seniorita

Record Breaker
Article or people didnt say she will be for sure the Olympic Champion, the article is about a new kid who skates rather good and might make difference. Even if she doesnt have a fantastic season, she is still having lots of time to get better!
Seniorita, I love that anecdote about Yagudin's and Plushy's jumps looking so alike.
I think this is the show, I found the video :)

bekalc

Record Breaker
My earlier point to seniorita - traditionally Russian Ladies have rarely been packaged as well as their competitors. It partially explains why they have not done as well as their couterparts in Pairs, Dance and Men's singles.

Well I always thought Maria B was a lovely, elegant skater. The Soviets focused a lot more on pairs and dance. And singles has been a recent development. Obviously they had great success with men previously, but with the women it was difficult for them.

This being said though I think Polina A and Anna O (skaters at Junior worlds last year) are quite nice to watch. Anna has interesting programs, and Polina is charming. And well Adelina Sotnikova is an absolutely GORGEOUS young skater. She struggled at the end of last season, but reports are that she was incredible at her test skate (even doing reportedly a ratified 3lutz/3loop (that they checked several times).

seniorita

Record Breaker
Agafanova I love her, maybe more than Elisaveta, she is such a jumping bean and with so much flexibility, love her bielman:eek:

seniorita

Record Breaker
Seniorita, you're a peach! Thanks so much for the link. Everyone, this is a video from a the start of an ice show, where Yagudin and Plushenko do a side-by-side jump.
I take peach is a compliment? :laugh:
they would do a great pairs couple i think :biggrin:
From twitter
today (in China's) press conference Alexey said that if Zhenya goes to the Sochi, he will win the Olympics. All shocked by the statements of Alexei, Zhenya, also!

Yes, Seniorita, peach is most definitely a compliment. I was delighted by that video. And how lovely to see Plushy and Yagudin on the same ice. I take it they're not furious at each other anymore?

janetfan

Match Penalty
It appears Liza has made her JGP debut and she won Gold.

From Aunt Joyce's blog:

"At the JGP Romania, Elizaveta Tuktamysheva captured gold despite two error-filled performances. Kristiene Gong was a strong second. It is amazing how quickly a skater can improve under the tutelage of Frank Carroll."

http://www.isuresults.com/results/jgprou2010/CAT002RS.HTM

So is it all set now - Liza will win the OGM and Kristiene Gong the OSM? :laugh:

Or is it too soon? Kristiene , a former student of Ming Li has been with Frank Carroll for a few months. By end of this season she will win Jr Worlds and Liza will leave Mishin for Tat. ;)

No word about Liza's 3A - maybe she is saving it for Sochi? :think:

http://auntjoycesicecreamstand.blogspot.com/

Last edited:

seniorita

Record Breaker
come on, the girl is only 13 , she could have been playing with her barbies still. And this was her first international competition, nobody expected she would start throwing 3axels left and right, but it was a good start.

janetfan

Match Penalty
come on, the girl is only 13 , she could have been playing with her barbies still. And this was her first international competition, nobody expected she would start throwing 3axels left and right, but it was a good start.

I agree it is a good start and think Liza is a wonderful prospect. Reading through some of the previous posts led me to believe she would start throwing out 3A's on her way to the winning OGM in Sochi. :rolleye:

I think your comment about the "Barbies" is the most believable thing I have read yet about Liza. :)

janetfan

Match Penalty
She ist 13! Still a young girl who must learn to handle with the pressure and the expectations. She is not perfect now, but nobody before her was that! So give her the time she needs ....

Here is her LP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9ruLw4HDt4

Thanks for the link. That is a very ambitious program for a 13 year old and she is a very promising young skater. I will give her all the time she needs.
Good luck to her this season. :)

Last edited:

bekalc

Record Breaker
Mao got a 138 at her JGP debut and didn't debut her 3axel there either. Why would they have Liza debut the 3axel at her first Junior international competition? I'd think they'd rather have her get use to competition internationally before they throw that in. Maybe they'll have her do it at the JGPF later on where she might need it against the likes of Gao, and Adelina Sotnikova, Shelepen. But even then she might not need it.

Last edited:

flesymtuobayzarc

Rinkside
Why would they have Liza debut the 3axel at her first Junior international competition? I'd think they'd rather have her get use to competition internationally before they throw that in. Maybe they'll have her do it at the JGPF later on where she might need it against the likes of Gao, and Adelina Sotnikova, Shelepen. But even then she might not need it.

Why is everyone so sure that Liza has 3 axel planned in her programme? What is the evidence that she can execute the jump? Apart from one recording of one successful attempt.

bekalc

Record Breaker
Why is everyone so sure that Liza has 3 axel planned in her programme? What is the evidence that she can execute the jump? Apart from one recording of one successful attempt.

Well there's the fact that she was doing it with her short program music. And I believe the double axel is her first element in her short, which may mean she's planning on doing the 3axel maybe at Russian Nationals.

Then there's the quality of that video of that tape, the fact that she was so confident that she held the edge and went right into choregraphy. That suggests she's fairly confident with said jump.

I'm not so sure she'd be doing the 3axel now, but I'm sure the plan is for her to do it in the future, if not this year perhaps next. Its certainly POSSIBLE.

Last edited:

NMURA

Medalist
Tuktamisheva's jump layout

3Lz-3T(or 2T-2Lo)
3Lz
3F
3S-2T
3Lo
3S
'tano 2A~2A

When I saw this, I'm in doubt of her 3A attempt. She needs to be sure that she can land 7 triples first. And of course, a clean short program is essential. I think Shelepen is THE favorite at JGPF.

bekalc

Record Breaker
When I saw this, I'm in doubt of her 3A attempt. She needs to be sure that she can land 7 triples first. And of course, a clean short program is essential. I think Shelepen is THE favorite at JGPF.

Well Tukt doesn't need to do the 3axel right now anyways and they may want to wait until she does the other triples. However, I don't think Liza needs the triple axel to beat Shelepen. If both go clean, Liza should come out ahead. She has better jump quality, better skating skills and frankly better presentation. Whether Tukt can go clean is another thing altogether.

Besides,I wait and see how some others do before you declare Shelepen the favorite. There is Gao who has a 3flip/3toe now. Polina Agafanova who I like better than Shelepen too. And frankly another Russian junior will be debuting next week Adelina Sotnikova. Adelina is wonderfully polished and has great jumps too.

oleada

Record Breaker
I don't know how you can proclaim a favorite for the JGPF when only 2 of 7 events have taken place. Seems foolish.

prettykeys

Medalist
You guys have some weird ideas about 13 year-olds. At least where I came from, no one played with Barbies past the 2nd grade (7-8 years old.)

A regular 13 year old would be in grade 7 or grade 8. Some have already experienced menarche, many are capable of discussing political and philosophical ideas, science projects are old news (grades 4-6 mostly in our school) and making ethical statements about what people should or shouldn't do is a normal thing.

13 years is young, but some are on the cusp of consciousness. Just because a bunch of us here are older, doesn't mean that they have infantile thoughts. I remember myself at that age.

NMURA

Medalist
Well, constantly landing 7 triples is a genuine virtue in the junior rank. Shelepen is most likely to be the first of the JGP standing, if so it will help her PCS. Gao may scored BIG at some American local competitions but so is Gong and Cesario. Those scores are quite useless predictors. Huge hypes won't help young skaters.

bekalc

Record Breaker
Well, constantly landing 7 triples is a genuine virtue in the junior rank. Shelepen is most likely to be the first of the JGP standing, if so it will help her PCS. Gao may scored BIG at some American local competitions but so is Gong and Cesario. Those scores are quite useless predictors. Huge hypes won't help young skaters.

Shelepen doesn't consistently land 7 triples. She didn't at Junior Worlds (had some issues at JGPF) and she didn't land 7 triples last week either.

Besides I think the judges will look at the skating not who tops the rankings. I mean after all they let Anna O win the short program at Junior Worlds last year, even though Murakami was the JGPF champion, and Anna had won nothing (but a silver medal) in the international season.

I dont' get the impression at all that the judges are that enamored with Shelepen. And if someone at the JGPF gave them the option, I think they'd go with that person.

And Gao is not Cesario or Gong. Both those girls have technical issues with their jumps, which means they are at the mercy of callers. In contrast Christina has very good technique on her triples. They aren't super high and I don't get most of the hype but she has very good technique. Gao isn't comparable to those two.

And then there's Adelina who struggled at the end of last season (she's 13) but was reportedly amazing at her test skate. The girl won Russian Senior nationals at 12. She's capable of landng a lot of jumps and is a beautiful skater.

Last edited: