Who will be the competitors? And who from GS is going? | Golden Skate

Who will be the competitors? And who from GS is going?

seniorita

Record Breaker
Thank you for topic!
I go:)
I mean we are trying to organise it, but need a tone of tips for Switcherland (as Bern doesnt have many hotels/hostels) and the ticket prices are a bit ouch, i think they are more expensive than Worlds last year and this time you dont get to choose the event you want but buy a ticket for the whole day. ( i think the consipracy is for me to make me watch ice dance:unsure:) Good thing is that you can see the practices for free and also you have free return train trip from everywhere in the country the day of your ticket, so you can tour a little:p

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I am definitely right on that conspiracy to force everyone to watch ice dance!

PaulE

On the Ice
Country
United-States
As one who used to not watch ice dance, I agree with Doris that you should watch some ice dance. Sit down close to ice during practice and notice the breeze as the couples skate by really, really fast. I think ice dancers have probably the fastest skaters of any discipline.

Seniorita, I sent you a PM about places to stay hoping that a PM might get your attention faster than when you might check this thread again. For those who are attending with 2 or 3 members in their party, since the competition lasts a week, I recommend trying to get a vacation apartment (Ferienwohnung or abbreviated "FeWo"). When I searched on Google for vacation apartments in Bern, I could not find any in the city (I guess it is not a vacation spot) but there were a lot in the Canton of Bern. There are several in the City of Thun (beautifully situated on the Lake of Thun) and it is only 20 minutes by train from Thun to Bern. One web site to look for vacation rentals is: http://chalet.myswitzerland.com/home/, then click on "Bernese Oberland" and look at the list of cities. You can check for the proximity of the cities to Bern on Google Maps. I notice that Steffisburg, right next to Thun also has some possibilities. You should be able to find an apartment for 100 Swiss Francs per night or less that will sleep 2 to 6 people.

Nirti

Medalist
Thanks, I've added them. I've searched the results of turkish nats but don't found them...
I've added the danish team too, Justus Strid will compete for the first time.

bociboci

Spectator
Where did you get your information for this list??? Recently there was a Europeans qualifying competition in Hungary and Katherina Hadford was first at this. Pavuk was secon, Padar was third. Borbely did not even skate in the qualifier.. The final decision will be made after Hungarian Nationals in January. But the current entries for the Europeans are 1. Katherina Hadford 2. Viktoria Pavuk. Also, it has not been decided that Nagy/Fejes dance pair will be the second team.

Nirti

Medalist
Where did you get your information for this list??? Recently there was a Europeans qualifying competition in Hungary and Katherina Hadford was first at this. Pavuk was secon, Padar was third. Borbely did not even skate in the qualifier.. The final decision will be made after Hungarian Nationals in January. But the current entries for the Europeans are 1. Katherina Hadford 2. Viktoria Pavuk. Also, it has not been decided that Nagy/Fejes dance pair will be the second team.

If you read the text before the list, you will see that only "bold" entries are confirmed. For the others, it's just "supposed" entries, based on the results of the beginning of the season.
And you can see that the ladies spots from Hungary are written in "italic", which says that it's just a "probable" entry, often because there is many skaters that have the same level in a country.

So don't worry, I've updated the list with your new informations.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Why does Volo./Tran. do not participate??

Eligibility issues due to Tatiana skating for Ukraine previously. Their year of waiting before they can compete internationally for Russia is up in mid-February, too late for Euros. They are apparently skating in one or two smaller competitions to get the necessary qualifying scores for Worlds, so barring any injury or major major screwup at those events, they'll be at Worlds.

seniorita

Record Breaker
Seniorita, I sent you a PM about places to stay hoping that a PM might get your attention faster than when you might check this thread again.

Hi :) I got your pm and thank you for all the effort, but I hadnt have time to check the places cause I have my parents and sister visiting here, so I m working and going sightseeing everyday>drop dead. I have already booked one place months ago, but now there is one possibility that i might not go. But thank you a lot, I will reply as soon as possible. :)

Ivana

On the Ice
Slovakia (confirmed entries)
Jakub Strobl
Alexandra Kunova (subs. Karolina Sykorova)
Nikola Visnova/Lukas Csolley

Czech Republic (conf. entries)
Tomas Verner
Michal Brezina (subs. Pavel Kaska)
Martina Bocek
Klara Kadlecova/Petr Bidar
Lucie Mysliveckova/Matej Novak

Last edited:

Nigel

On the Ice
How much do the Federations rely on this for selecting their skater(s) for the Worlds Championship?

And, trying to locate on the ISU website....a listing of when all the individual country championship competitions are being held....is there a central location for that info? Without doing an individual search for each country's championships on the figure skating calendar portion of the website, can't locate a concise list of dates, etc.

Traditionally, the US Nats and the Euros have the same dates of competition. How can I, at least, get immediate results of Euros and hopefully see some youtubes?