JSF's criteria this season on who will represent Japan at Junior Worlds '11 | Golden Skate

JSF's criteria this season on who will represent Japan at Junior Worlds '11

sorcerer

Final Flight
JSF's criteria this season on who will represent Japan at Junior Worlds '11

JSF's criteria this season on who will represent Japan at Junior Worlds '11 are as follows.
Published on Sept. 3, at
http://www.skatingjapan.or.jp/image_data/fck/file/2010_Figure/2010-11 selection procedure.pdf

Skaters representing Japan will be determined when the Japanese Championships conclude, from those who fulfill any of the following 4 criteria, and under over-all considerations by the federation.

1. Top three finishers per discipline in the Japanese Junior Championships
2. Highest three Japanese finishers per discipline in the Junior Grand Prix Final / Junior Grand Prix series
3. Highest three finishers per discipline in the Japanese (Senior) Championships among those who have age qualification as Junior and also have the wish to be sent to Junior Worlds
4. Highest three Japanese per discipline in the ISU World Rankings at the time the Japanese Championship conclude, among those who have age qualification as Junior and also have the wish to be sent to Junior Worlds

The skater's particiption in the Japanese (Senior) Championships is mandatory to be subject of this selection.

ETA: This last clause may be a misprint by the JSF; it may be Japanese Junior Championships?

ETA2: No it wasn't misprint; JSF confirmed that the participation in the Senior Nats is mandatory.

Last edited:

malo42

On the Ice
I really, really, really think they're planning on sending Yuzuru and Murakami (maybe Imai) to junior worlds again if they don't make senior worlds. I feel like they changed things this year just so they could do that... I doubt the last clause is a misprint, they probably want to see how they do at senior nationals before they send them to junior worlds.

SerpentineSteps

On the Ice
The skater's particiption in the Japanese (Senior) Championships is mandatory to be subject of this selection.

ETA: This last clause may be a misprint by the JSF; it may be Japanese Junior Championships?

I mean, from what I see, they say "Japanese Championships" (without the parenthetical), right? If that's the case, they may just be referring to the competition as a whole, regardless of level, no?

sorcerer

Final Flight
I mean, from what I see, they say "Japanese Championships" (without the parenthetical), right? If that's the case, they may just be referring to the competition as a whole, regardless of level, no?

In Japan "Japanese Championships" automatically means senior.

JSF says it's not misprint "since the top 3 at Junior Nats are invited to the (sinior) Nats so it's natural", but the 3 criteria out of 4 don't fit this explanation.
But anyway, participating in the senior Nats is mandatory for being selected to go to Junior Worlds.

sorcerer

Final Flight
From Japan, the following skaters are going to the Junior Worlds.

Men:
Kento Nakamura, Keiji Tanaka, Ryuichi Kihara

Ladies:
Risa Shoji, Yuki Nishino, Miyabi Ohba

Pairs:
Takahashi/Tran <also goes to the Senior Worlds>

Ice Dance:
Komatsubara/ Mizutani