Kristine Musademba? | Golden Skate

Kristine Musademba?

Anyone know what's up with her? She was injured last season and w/d from Golden West. I hope she's not out for the season!

dlgpffps

Final Flight
Kristine Musademba (USA) - Cup of China
SP Music: "Clair De Lune" by Claude Debussy (last season's)
FS Music: Selections from "Elizabeth: The Golden Age" soundtrack composed by Craig Armstrong and AR Rahman
Choreographers: Uschi Keszler (SP), Phillip Mills (FS)

She's been assigned Cup of China. I'll look for more.

Thanks, dlgpffps! Anyone else?

I hope she's healthy and raring to go, and look forward to seeing her (or at least reading about her) in CoC!

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We had hoped to see her at this summer's Liberty competition, so knowing that she was at Champs Camp and has a Grand Prix assignment is good news.

MasterB

Final Flight
I heard somewhere that she now is training with Frank in California. I remember a few years ago a young U.S. lady had finally made it to the GP events only to withdraw with injury and never to return. Musademba is a really talented young lady and I hope that she has healed well and is ready to compete full out.

Frank?? That would be great. I thought she was based in DC.

I saw her as a novice a couple years back and thought she was just lovely. There were no significant faults at all, as far as I could see. I share your hopes!

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Musademba's coaches are listed in her USFS/IN bio as "Frank Carroll, Ken Congemi, Christa Fassi" -- I believe she relocated to L.A. sometime in late June or early July. She reportedly got a late start to her training this year and so that could be a reason why she decided not to compete at Golden West, which was the week after Champs Camp.

Nigel

On the Ice
Musademba's coaches are listed in her USFS/IN bio as "Frank Carroll, Ken Congemi, Christa Fassi" -- I believe she relocated to L.A. sometime in late June or early July. She reportedly got a late start to her training this year and so that could be a reason why she decided not to compete at Golden West, which was the week after Champs Camp.

The skaters performed their programs at Champs Camp...so perhaps she had some feedback on her programs that required some changes???

MasterB

Final Flight
Based on the protocols at South Atlantic it doesn't look good for her. She is capable of way more than that. Does anyone know exactly what is going on with her?

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Saw her at Cup of China. She did not do well. I was prepared to be underwhelmed by technical issues, which often happens due to jet lag, travel distance, and a first time skating in Asia. But I had heard so much about her artistic capabilities and presentation on the ice, and was hoping at least if the jumps got left behind in the USA, that she'd at least put something graceful and beautiful out there in between the jumps. Sadly, I saw little evidence of this. There is nothing memorable about her programs nor her execution of same. She didn't seem to be ready for competition. Is she still injured or is something else going on?

gkelly

Record Breaker
But I had heard so much about her artistic capabilities and presentation on the ice, and was hoping at least if the jumps got left behind in the USA, that she'd at least put something graceful and beautiful out there in between the jumps. Sadly, I saw little evidence of this.

I've always thought of her as more of a technical athletic skater. You may have read some praise of her improved artistry last year before the injury, but I don't think that was ever her biggest strength.

There is nothing memorable about her programs nor her execution of same. She didn't seem to be ready for competition. Is she still injured or is something else going on?

I don't know. It's too bad if she has lost her athletic strengths to injury and time off -- I hope she can get it back soon if she's interested in a senior international career.

I only know I saw her beat Ksenia Makarova in a novice competition and outdo her in both areas. She is not the type with artistry and musicality oozing out her fingertips like, say, Vanessa Lam, but when I saw her she was strikingly polished and mature, with good posture and positions. She was the class of the competition - but it was a small one.

Now that was 3 or 4 years ago and injuries or body changes or loss of interest may have set her back, IDK. But surely if she's working with Frank Carroll we're going to see some better performances than these last two comps (which actually I have NOT seen, does anyone have a link?).