2010-11 TV Coverage | Golden Skate

2010-11 TV Coverage

waxel

Final Flight
Has anyone heard or have speculation about what TV coverage skating will receive this season (in the US)? Will icenetwork be a player? If so, shouldn't they be announcing their programming soon?

Universal Sports seemed to have the most comprehensive coverage last season but I would have to change providers in order to get the channel. Not sure I'm willing to do that. Had to get a friend to DVR everything from Worlds- but it was a pain.

emma

Record Breaker
I have Dish network and they didn't carry (or seem to ever have heard about) Universal Sports Last season.

Anyone know what Icenetwork has in store? Or network/ESPN in the US???

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I don't think the satellite carriers have Universal Sports.

I have dish and we have it, but it's connected to the local channels, so I'm not sure if it's something Dish provides or how we got it.

and when I emailed them about it at the beginning of last season Dish said they were not currently contracting with them, but were looking into it (that was the gist I got anyway). So they obviously knew what I was talking about and had gotten a few inquiries. It popped up for me right after the olympics.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Just released :)

http://www.usfigureskating.org/Story.asp?id=45046&type=media

Biggest news: there WILL be NBC coverage of the GP just like last year!

2010 ISU Grand Prix Series Schedule on NBC Sports
(all times ET, check your local listings for times in your area)

Sunday, Oct. 31 - NHK Trophy (Japan) - 4-6 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 6 - Skate Canada International - 4-6 p.m.
Sunday, Nov. 14 - Skate America - 4-6 p.m.
Sunday, Nov. 21 - Rostelecom Cup (Russia) - 2-4 p.m.
Sunday, Nov. 28 - Trophee Eric Bompard (France) - 2-4 p.m.
Sunday, Dec. 12 - ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final (China) - 12-2 p.m.

A detailed broadcast schedule for Universal Sports will be released at a later date.

NBC Sports and Universal Sports will both televise the 2011 U.S. Figure Skating Championships, and Universal Sports will have coverage of the 2011 ISU World Figure Skating Championships, which take place March 21-27 in Nagano, Japan.

Jhar55

Medalist
Received an email for Ice Network for the coming season starting in Oct. only thing noticed different is the price went to $39.95. Guess still a bargan if you can't go to any of the comps.
Have comcast and at least my area we don't get Universal Sports. Any clue if they will show live on their website?

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Does anyone know if us Europeans (specified: us Danes :biggrin:) will be treated to some figure skating on TV this season?

Will Eurosport show the Grand Prix?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Received an email for Ice Network for the coming season starting in Oct. only thing noticed different is the price went to $39.95. Guess still a bargan if you can't go to any of the comps.
Have comcast and at least my area we don't get Universal Sports. Any clue if they will show live on their website?

They also make it difficult to opt out of their automatic renewal. I have been trying for over a week now to unsubscribe. All they've done is 'unsubscribe' me from a subscription from two years ago. Not happy.

janetfan

Match Penalty
They also make it difficult to opt out of their automatic renewal. I have been trying for over a week now to unsubscribe. All they've done is 'unsubscribe' me from a subscription from two years ago. Not happy.

Thanks for the heads up on that toni.
I am going to switch from my current provider, "Direct TV" to Comcast so I can get Universal Sports. Hope I can 86 IceNetwork because I don't think I need them once I am getting Universal. It might just be me - but watching on my big screen TV is always, always preferable than watching online.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Ice Network is very poorly managed but it's definitely still worth having to see the performances. $40 a year to support ice skating and have on-demand access to lots of competitions is not bad at all.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Ice Network is very poorly managed but it's definitely still worth having to see the performances. $40 a year to support ice skating and have on-demand access to lots of competitions is not bad at all.

normally I would agree, but my job just ended and I'm starting up a business, I don't have the extra 40 bucks.

They finally got it taken care of, I still am not a fan of the fact that you have to jump through so many hoops to unsubscribe, and let them know of my displeasure. It'll definitely have me rethink subscribing in teh future even though what they provide is great.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Woohoo, I got my email from IN to automatically renew my subscription for the season, which I am definitely going to do so, as I've been with IN since the beginning (for the past 3 seasons? I think).

I don't plan on changing my DirecTv for anybody, not even to get Universal Sports, as I love my satellite dish! :)