Project Runway | Golden Skate

Project Runway

heyang

Record Breaker
1. Does anyone think April looks like Nicole Bobek?

2. Why do the judges like Gretchen's work so much? I admit they are well constructed, but they are hardly flattering or different from stuff from the 70's.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does anyone think April looks like Nicole Bobek?

Now that you say that I see the resemblance.

Why do the judges like Gretchen's work so much? I admit they are well constructed, but they are hardly flattering or different from stuff from the 70's.

Why does anyone even like Gretchen, she's such a stuck up snot ....and who is she to judge everyone's clothes even before they are judged???

heyang

Record Breaker
After the past 2 episodes and seeing the fashion week pictures, I'm thinking that this season has 1 of the weakest cast of designers. At this point, how can 2 blah outfits be safe? For me, the judges couldn't figure out a top 3 - although the probably agreed that Mondo was the best of last night.

Mike C's was well-made but kinda boring.

April's was interesting, but I thought the skirt was overworked.

Andy's and Christopher and Gretchen were just boring outfits.

Valerie - what a mess! She had a strong start and I was hoping that she would rebound, but she never did.

Way to go Mondo!!. I hope his family is as supportive of his news as the other designers and the judges of PR.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Heyang, what do you think about the 3 going to fashion week. Just a little clue as to how I feel about it....I was chewing on a nail last night.

heyang

Record Breaker
Personally I felt that Mondo and Andy should have been the 1st 2 into FW.

I was kinda annoyed that Gretchen was in the top 3. Her looks aren't showy enough for a designer showcase IMO. However, I could see why they would pick her over Mike C.

I felt bad for Mike C particularly at the end. It seems like he has some real issues with his family and felt that they would never support him unlee he won PR. The other 3 designers have much more supportive families. It was very hard to watch his utter dejection.

What did you think?

I saw some preview pictures and I like Andy's collection best from an overall viewpoint. NOne of them showed a collection that I would/could wear.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Personally I felt that Mondo and Andy should have been the 1st 2 into FW.

I agree, I do like their designs.

I was kinda annoyed that Gretchen was in the top 3. Her looks aren't showy enough for a designer showcase IMO.

The green leather look she had reminded me of girl scout troop leader. I would have much prefered Mike C. first then April going to fashion week. I liked April designs and would have gone beserk knowing that Gretchen won a spot....so it was good it wasn't me. :laugh: :laugh:

However, I could see why they would pick her over Mike C.

I don't understand can you explain why you feel that way.

I felt bad for Mike C particularly at the end. It seems like he has some real issues with his family and felt that they would never support him unlee he won PR. The other 3 designers have much more supportive families. It was very hard to watch his utter dejection.

Agreed that was really hard to watch, and for me to because I felt he had a really good chance of going. I think if I was April & Mike C., I would give up designing based on Gretchen being chosen to show her fashion, ugh....and ewwwwwwwwwwww.

I saw some preview pictures and I like Andy's collection best from an overall viewpoint. NOne of them showed a collection that I would/could wear.

I'll to see if I can find their collections.

Is Jessica Simpson in Plus sizes????

Last edited:

heyang

Record Breaker
I can't find the original site, but here's a couple of links to runway looks

http://www.fashionologie.com/New-York-Fashion-Week-Project-Runway-Fall-2010-7372034

http://gallery.rr.com/gallery/Fashion_Week:_Project_Runway#image=0bA72Y72pW5mN&view=filmstrip

I agree that Jessica Simpson did not wear an outfit that was complimentary. I don't know what size she is now, but in her infamous mom jeans photo, she was a size 6. She's just not as skinny as other celebrities, but I don't think she's plus sized either.

As for judges picking Gretchen over Mike C.... she understood the concept of presenting a collection and she presents her point of view well.