Plushenko writes letter to ISU | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Plushenko writes letter to ISU

seniorita

Record Breaker
if you are a plushy fan you are never bored, it is all about the drama , so the postman was fired on Tuesday and now letters are send from hand to hand from st peters to moscow? :laugh: and who gave the ghost letter to RF since evgeni / mishin are in japan?

if you are a plushy fan you are never bored, it is all about the drama , so the postman was fired on Tuesday and now letters are send from hand to hand from st peters to moscow? :laugh: and who gave the ghost letter to RF since evgeni / mishin are in japan?

>giggle<

And while we're on the subject, are we sure Plushy is the Harry Potter of skating? Wouldn't he prefer to be the Draco Malfoy of skating? (and he's even blond like Draco....)

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Love it!:)

How come almost every move of skaters is so transparent in Russia which has amazed me time and again but in North America where it's supposely open and free couldn't be like this?:think:

seniorita

Record Breaker
>giggle<

And while we're on the subject, are we sure Plushy is the Harry Potter of skating? Wouldn't he prefer to be the Draco Malfoy of skating? (and he's even blond like Draco....)

ok i know he is labeled the bad guy but he is not that bad. If he is to be the bad at least let him be Voldemort, not the supporting character. :laugh: oh I miss Ant here (and a bunch more) :cry:

janetfan

Match Penalty
Love it!:)

How come almost every move of skaters is so transparent in Russia which has amazed me time and again but in North America where it's supposely open and free couldn't be like this?:think:

I would call Plushy's situation at the moment anything but transparent. A better description might be vague or confusing.
Or unclear at best. Why is that and why did his own federation allow him to be suspended without putting up a fight?

The situation is cloudy even to his best supporters. Have the big brass from the RF made a statement yet clarifying Plushy's situation only a few days before the Japan Open?

seniorita

Record Breaker
why Japan Open is an issue? I m just asking because I dont get the confusion, in JO he will skate as an ineligible skater. JO permits ineligibles and since it is sactioned it doesnt seem to break any rule. Jo aside, he did an application to gain his eligibility. Not just to skate in JO. The english article has this part wrong translated, I read the french and russian and they dont mention he applied the eligibility for Japan Open.

calica

Final Flight

Well, this was the strangest thing.... According to the journalist; Jana has told that the letter has been delivered in hand to Gorshkov; but she has not said who has delivered it to himself, obviously not Eugeny.(i guess that by somebody of his team)
In the same article Gorshkov affirms that he has been in Saint Petersburg and that he knows by Mishin that Eugeny wants to return but he denies that they have given him any document...

janetfan

Match Penalty
why Japan Open is an issue? I m just asking because I dont get the confusion, in JO he will skate as an ineligible skater. JO permits ineligibles and since it is sactioned it doesnt seem to break any rule. Jo aside, he did an application to gain his eligibility. Not just to skate in JO. The english article has this part wrong translated, I read the french and russian and they dont mention he applied the eligibility for Japan Open.

I know Buttle and other profesional skaters have skated at the Japan Open. But I don't recall that Buttle was supended and banned from ISU events.

That is why this seems vague and also interesting. I am not placing blame on Plushy here - just wondering how this will turn out. The letter issue - right before the JO seems more than just a coincidence, no?

seniorita

Record Breaker
Japan Open seems a sactioned event by ISU raher than an ISU event. If he was not allowed to japan open then ISU would have told Japanese Federation or whoever invited him that he cant be invited, same as in competitions that he cant participate and he got off the GP lists immediately. He dint go there by himself, did he? But the teams are already in Japan now, if they intend to tell european team he is not allowed, I really hope they use a fax or mail, not hand in hand;)
Maybe the letter is not coincidence, I dont know, but there is a bunch of shows starting from next weekend for a month so maybe he just did it now before the tour?Ok maybe I m naive.

Last edited:

janetfan

Match Penalty
Japan Open seems a sactioned event by ISU raher than an ISU event. If he was not allowed to japan open then ISU would have told Japanese Federation or whoever invited him that he cant be invited, same as in competitions that he cant participate and he got off the GP lists immediately. He dint go there by himself, did he? But the teams are already in Japan now, if they intend to tell european team he is not allowed, I really hope they use a fax or mail, not hand in hand;)

Again you sound like I don't want Plushy to skate at JO - and that is not the case. I hope he does skate there. I wish Laura and Mirai were skating too but they will miss due to injuries.

Still, it is a nice event and Plushy skating there will make it better.
I am wondering about this........and I think a few others are too.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
I would call Plushy's situation at the moment anything but transparent. A better description might be vague or confusing.
Or unclear at best.

Why not? Of course, with more detailed information at another level, we're thirst to know more than we've already known which would cause more of the confusion and unclearness. I don't see such up to the days and sometimes to the hours and minutes info in the medias here.

seniorita

Record Breaker
No i dont think you dont want plushy to skate there, i m just thinking loud, i have as much knowledge of what is happening as you on this.

ciocio

On the Ice
The letter issue - right before the JO seems more than just a coincidence, no?

It´s not a coincidence in my opinion, probably he wants to prove them that he is in good shape, that he trained seriously for the event, that he is prepared for top competitions and the only problem is the eligibility. Mishin said in an interview that Evgeni will be back next season because Russia needs more spots for Euros and Worlds.
Personally I hope that Mishin and the Federation will be "more strict" with Evgeni in the future. :rolleye:

janetfan

Match Penalty
Why not? Of course, with more detailed information at another level, we're thirst to know more than we've already known which would cause more of the confusion and unclearness. I don't see such up to the days and sometimes to the hours and minutes info in the medias here.

I did see the links posted here but can't read Russian - but others said it sounds confusing.
Doesn't this all wind up in Piseev's hands? Has he made a statement?

I might be jumping ahead on this but this mysterious letter business could lead one to think Plushy wants an OK from his Federation and the ISU to have his ban lifted. Because this is happening right before the JO it makes me wonder if there is a link?

Maybe it is all unrelated and it is about Plushy wanting to compete at RostelCup and Worlds later this season. It doesn't feel that way since we haven't heard those events mentioned.

That is why I think this might be related to the JO.
There are only a few more day so we will all know soon enough. :cool:

janetfan

Match Penalty
No i dont think you dont want plushy to skate there, i m just thinking loud, i have as much knowledge of what is happening as you on this.

You are free to think whatever you want. I think the JO is a very entertaining event with some great skaters. Plushy skating would only add to the event and make it better.

This is not like Olympics where I might root for another skater to win. I could care less who wins the JO and it is more about seeing new programs from some of the top skaters as well as a chance to see some of the better skaters who are no longer competing.

Last edited:

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
I did see the links posted here but can't read Russian

Yah, it's Russian. It's Russian medias, not N. American medias to their own sportsmen. Maybe it's different in the popular sports in US? I don't know, say football (which I rarely watch, nor would I follow the medias on that)?

seniorita

Record Breaker
i m not sure Plushenko would have gone with Mishin in Japan this week with the hope to take an OK, and thats why he sent a letter, i think it is cleared by now the Japan Open as -by Japan time- competition is in less than 48h and the teams have settled there since tuesday? I saw Buttle twit about it. At least this is what my common knowledge thinks. Maybe eligibility procedure takes time or year(s) to be concluded, I dont think it would be solved in 3 days.