JGP Final - Ladies | Page 5 | Golden Skate

JGP Final - Ladies

christinaskater

Medalist
I think Adelina maybe the Yu-Na Kim by Sochi time!

She very regal to look at and is very mature, artistic and is fearless! I like her a lot!

The 3 Russian young stars are really amazing and so is Rissa!

The whole field is really something else, so much star potential!

shine

Record Breaker
Shelepen is more like Irina IMO. She looks just like Kostner at that age though!
Shelepen doesn't have nearly the skating skills Irina had at that age. Her jumps also don't have that amazing spring. As for comparison to Kostner, I hope you are referring to their respective looks only, because Kostner's skating was far beyond Shelepen's level at 15. I am just not impressed with Shelepen. :sheesh:

oleada

Record Breaker
I like Mishin's young girls actually, they all (Liza, Ogoreltseva, Medvedeva) have good basics, spins and interesting programs. I think they packaged well. But Liza is tiny and lookes juniorish compared to Adelina, I saw the picture where she stands with Polina Agafonova and they are the same heigh, so she is really tiny. I think a year or maybe two later Liza will become a real senior skater, she is a bright girl and feels the music well. I think she is in very good hands and doesn't need another coach at least for now.

I agree with you, actually. The Mishin's have some amazing up and coming girls in their group. Ogoreltseva is a little firecracker with great spins and Medvedeva is quite musical also. Arina Petrova is also in their group, right? She had some good results lately though I haven't seen much of her. The competition in that group must be fierce.

I think Liza has a lot of potential and I just don't want to see it wasted. She's been around for so long, it seems, that it's easy to forget that she's only 13. I think her audience connection has really improved this year, so maybe the other things will come.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Shelepen is more like Irina IMO. She looks just like Kostner at that age though!

Irina is contending for gold every single time. Shelepen is contending for bronze in the junior division on a good day. No, not even close.

Liza with all of her triples is at best the Irina v.2.0. I don't think any of the current girls will be as successful as Irina was.

Kostner's SS is top notch. None of the Russian girls come close at her age.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Irina is contending for gold every single time. Shelepen is contending for bronze in the junior division on a good day. No, not even close.

Liza with all of her triples is at best the Irina v.2.0. I don't think any of the current girls will be as successful as Irina was.

Kostner's SS is top notch. None of the Russian girls come close at her age.

I said that she looks like Kostner, not that she skates like Kostner. Some of their jumps look similar though, but you are totally right about the skating skills.

Idk though, Polina's a fighter and she may become a force in the future. Liza is really good for now but puberty may throw a wrench in that. Shelepen is still able to jump 3-3s consistently despite the big growthspurt she just went through. That girl is tough, and she's hard on herself whenever she doesn't win. So much of this sport is about drive, discipline, and determination and well Shelepen clearly has that. Not that the other girls don't, you can just tell that Polina does.

oleada

Record Breaker
I don't understand why we keep comparing these juniors to skaters of the past. Polina is not Irina, she's not Carolina, she's herself.

ayayukiituka

On the Ice
all the other girls' SP coming on YT.
Polina:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h50DC1redI&feature=BF&list=ULodSjdv-vG3w&index=17

Zijun:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IMY0yeYZLA

Kristina:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2vL--yC8Zg&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Christina:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK1hEuq4aPQ&feature=BF&list=ULodSjdv-vG3w&index=22

Yasmin:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4__1riP-HDI&feature=BF&list=ULodSjdv-vG3w&index=23

Too bad for Chiristina and Yasmin on jumps,they turned into really lovely skaters esp. Chiristina. I found her program highlight last season was just jumps.
She's worked hard on skating,spins like non-jump elements,so it's a joy for me to her now!! Her jump problem doesn't look by body change,so pray for her and Yasmin their best.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Yasmin Siraj (USA)

3F - nice, good running edge on landing
3Lz-2T - ok
2A-2T - ok
CCoSp
3S - ok I think, maybe UR
3Lz - nice
FCoSp
CiSt
3T - fall
2A-2T-2Lo - fall
FCSp

Score: 92.87

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Christina Gao (USA)

3F-3T - good
3S - ok
3Lz-2T-2Lo - ok, but obvious flutz
FSSp
3Lo - good
2A - stepout
3F - held on to landing, maybe twofoot
LSp
SlSt
3T-2T - ok
CCoSp

Score: 101.03

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Christina Gao's 3F-3T is good. I wonder why she changed to 3T-3T last night.
Her 2A is so unstable now. Stumbled in both programs.
Step sequence is really slow.

Some nice jumps, but other than that, she needs Tatiana Tarasova to polish her up.

Andalusia

Final Flight
Lovely jumps from Zijun (especially the flip). Nice to see Li Mingzhu in the Kiss and Cry with a student who can actually jump, lol.

It's a pity that everything else from Kristiene is kinda blah, because that first jump of her's was amazing.

For the first time I've noticed that Christina actually seems to skate quite fast, but I now also notice that her presentation is very similar to Yu-Na's (this was especially evident at the beginning of the programme). I hope that Christina will eventually develop into a first-rate version of herself and not a second-rate copy of someone else.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Kristiene Gong (USA)

3Lz-2T - ok, maybe UR on Lz
2A - ok
1F
3S - ok
CCoSp
2A-2T - ok
2Lz
3T-2T - maybe UR on one or both jumps
FCSSp
CiSt
FCCoSp

Score: 82.66

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Zijun Li (CHN)

3Lz - good, maybe flutz
2A-3T - nice
3F-2T-2T - nice
LSp - very nice
3Lo - also good
3F - ok, maybe UR
CCoSp
3Lo-2T - ok
SlSt
3S - also landed
Usp - simple back scratch spin (oh, I've missed them)

Score: 100.20

oleada

Record Breaker
Risa seemed nervous and finished after her music, but no major mistakes aside from a hand down. Gotta wait and see what the caller says, though, as some of her jumps were tight.

oleada

Record Breaker
Shelepen landed two 2A+3T combos as well as a bunch of other triples but seemed to ahve issues with the 3Lz - almost fell in one or fell? don't know if it's a fall or not. Don't know where that will place, but I think she did enough to lead.