Ladies Short Program | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ladies Short Program

Nadine

Record Breaker
My gosh, Elene I don't recognize at all! (8^O I guess they decided to make her over into a blonde bombshell bimbo. :(

She singled her 2A, had a slight bobble on her combo, but otherwise her triples are classic Russian Irina Slutskaya style. But her spins were slow & so was she imho.

dlgpffps

Final Flight
Elene Gedevanishvili 18.65/25.86/44.51 #4
Shoot, missed her 2A in the replay (missed it in real-time too), but I'm guessing she singled it.

Caro Z on, hoping for redemption.

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
Really nice to see Caroline skating so smoothly and smiling :)

Nadine

Record Breaker
Holy Cow I don't recognize Caroline at all either!!!!!!!!!! (8^OOO She's grown a ton of inches & also gained a little weight (most likely muscle), she looks totally different, even her skating.

Still slow going into 2A & also into one of her spirals the jump into it was lackluster, but I DID notice that the height on her triples is higher now! *clap*

dlgpffps

Final Flight
Caroline Zhang clean! I can't keep track of jump layout & spins and everything without a pen in hand, but that was a good program from her. Not amazing, but such a great effort! She has less of a mule-lick now!! Her summer sessions have really helped. I'm so excited for her this season.

She did 3F-2T, 3Lo and 2A, I think.

Nadine

Record Breaker
OMG I'M ABSOLUTELY FLOORED, I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE RACHAEL'S NEW PROGRAM, LOOK, TUDE, EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It didn't even seem like skating, rather like she was a combo. of Doris Day & Gidget on skates, having a blast out there. I just love it, love it, loveit!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :)

dlgpffps

Final Flight
Rachael's 3Lz still irks me, but her flip has improved. Significantly better, now. This program's reminiscent of her last season SP. I'm lukewarm to it. Good effort, though. The American ladies all had clean programs!

Jump layout
3Lz-2T
3F
2A

frauregina

Rinkside
Oh my god, I love reading those posts saying that her Caroline's mule kick is gone and she has gained height on her jumps! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Layfan

Record Breaker
Darn it. Does anyone it have a feed that works out of the U.S? I can't get any to work. So exciting what everyone is saying about the US ladies...

Nadine

Record Breaker
Kiira Korpi is such a lovely classic skater, and the music almost made me cry, perfect vehicle for her.

Her 3R was divine, as well as her 2A, but she singled the first jump in her combo.

Still, I expect a good score, can't wait to see this gorgeous program skated clean! :) Good job! Good job! *clapping*