Ladies - LP | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Ladies - LP

Can someone please post a link to Rachael's FP? Others would be nice too. Sorry if it's already been done. The page that supposedly had links to all the programs didn't, when I opened it.

aftertherain

Record Breaker
Some people think like you.
Some don't.
I'm...AVERAGE.

I don't think Carolina is 8 points more skilled or beautiful than Rachael. RACHAEL WON !!!

Carolina won; Rachael is your personal preference. And telling us you're "average" doesn't make me want to agree with you .... >____>

janetfan

Match Penalty

SkatingAnalyst

On the Ice
I just checked Vancouver PCS for Flatt and Kostner...

Flatt : 58.48
Kostner : 57.04

If these score were applied in NHK...Flatt won by wide margin.
Do skating skill, interpretation, choreography, transition... change so dramatically in a few months?

Who is kidding who? Is it because Carolina bombed in Vancouver or...Is it because PCS flutuates from where the competition was being held?

RACHAEL FLATT WON !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Spun,
If this works the other LP's will be posted here too.
BTW, Rachael skated very well - close to her best. Caro was skating with a knee injury and could not do any flips ot lutzes and still won.

http://www.youtube.com/user/fsbj4#p/c/02796A9107CE5FEF/6/1UKZI0RcXMQ
Thank you so much, Janetfan. I love Rachael's haircut and costume. This is the best she's looked since she was 14, IMO. Unfortunately her skating still doesn't do much for me. I wish she would give up the cutesy jazzy moves and music. Romantic music and distinguished choreography would help her a lot.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Thank you so much, Janetfan. I love Rachael's haircut and costume. This is the best she's looked since she was 14, IMO. Unfortunately her skating still doesn't do much for me. I wish she would give up the cutesy jazzy moves and music. Romantic music and distinguished choreography would help her a lot.

I also liked her new haircut and her SP costume was also nice.

sunny0760

On the Ice
I am starting to enjoy Rachael's skating(and like her). I have read what are said about her in this thread and in some blogs.. I just say what I want to say.;)
She skates with what she has and tries to do better. To me, she seems to have musical sense and most surprisingly to me, I felt there were some sexiness here and there in her programs.
Surprised she did NOT fall at the moment she was really wonky.(Sorry Rachael but it was funny.:laugh:) She did not seem too nervous waiting for the announcement of points. This may show her quality as a competitor.

Carolina is a talented skater. Now that she has more confidence after the ever inconsistent season, I want to see her big 3-3 in the near future.(Get well soon!)

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Didn't he coach Jeremy Abbott??

Yeah, for awhile. And while I think Jeremy is a fabulous skater, he's not my cup of tea and I find him rather milk toast-y and boring. Plus his facial expressions are always the same, a mix between "i'm nauseous" and "serious". I also think he's gotten much better since he LEFT Tom Z.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Evan was packaged well. After all, he did have Caroll as his coach. I also think aesthetics and style matter a little more for the ladies. The problem with Rachel is that she is average in everything. Her technical skills are not good enough to compensate for her presentation.

You wonder though, with the right coach could Rachael ever become a skater like Irina? I mean, Irina wasn't a pretty princess and wasn't very artistic either, but she has lots of fans and won many impressive titles and received good marks from the judges.

Or I mean, Miki Ando? She started out as a jumper with zero artistry. Now I'm sure the fact that she's beautiful and lost a bunch of weight after Torino didn't hurt her, but she is consistently marked well by the judges and regarded as a top skater despite not being particularly artistic.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Didn't he coach Jeremy Abbott??

Yes, he did, but Abbott is the exception to the rule. Jeremy was once an ice dancer and he has long trained with a dance/ballet instructor to help develop his skating skills. He also has a sensitivity and sophistication with his style and music choices that is not seen with Tom's other pupils that I mentioned. I could never picture Rachael, Ryan, or Brandon trying to attempt the difficult choreography of a Jeremy Abbott program.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Tom also coached Ann Patrice, who might not have been the most smiley skater but she had nice positions and decent posture.

Nadine

Record Breaker
I'm delighted that Carolina won! *clapping* :) She's got it all, always has had it all, and it showed. She only needs to skate clean or semi-clean and she will always medal, as it should be. Carolina, you're still that *diamond* that was first said about you when you entered seniors years ago (same thing was said about Oksana Baiul as well btw), and that diamond is S-H-I-N-I-N-G brightly! BRAVO! BRAVO! I absolutely adore your "Afternoon of a Faun" program, perfect vehicle for you, superb. Become the World Champion that has always been within your grasp, you just have to skate cleanly and it's yours, gazelle...

And what can I say about Rachael Flatt, ah, you put a smile on my face and I LOVE THIS WHOLE NEW LOOK, Gidget/Doris Day! :) Finally, you are the skater that I recall when you first entered seniors years ago, that effervescence is back! :) *clapping* I love your skating, Rach, and that's the honest to God truth. And what's more you truly are a champion in every sense of the word ~ you literally clobber everyone else out there with your mental game/your consistency ~ and that's what makes great champions, never forget that. In fact I haven't seen this type of mentality/consistency since Michelle Kwan. You are a worthy successor to her. One never has to worry about you falling, splatting, stumbling all over the place, Thank God. The only thing that separates you from a World Medal is you need to up the technical ante a bit more with a 3/3, always do at least 6 or 7 triples, no falls/splats. And you'll have to rely on your technical arsenal because your spins are not quite up to par with the rest of the top dogs (totally understandable due to your back), and though your jumps are fully rotated they do not have the same height as those that jump like Irina Slutskaya. Once you capture a World Medal your PCS should go up imho. :) GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO RACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In conclusion I wanted to say that I don't enjoy falls whatsoever, no matter whence it comes, as Sonja Henie used to say "it shows a weakness". In her day if you fell you were automatically out, as the judges considered it a weaknesss, and I do too. I won't change my mind on that, even for Sasha Cohen. :(

rain

Record Breaker
This competition was definitely about seeing the potential, not the finished product for me. I think Carolina is already skating her LP a lot better than some of her previous efforts. I noticed particularly that her arms are now elegant most of the time rather than stiff and gawky and her musicality has improved tremendously.

I adore Asada's new LP and think with work this could really be a breakthrough for her. The program itself is absolutely stunning, and it appears that she's actually attempting to make a connection with the music. The jumps were obviously a problem, but I think, in the long run, it is to her benefit to work on these technical aspects now, taking the fall in the beginning, rather than just coasting as she had done in the past.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This competition was definitely about seeing the potential, not the finished product for me. I think Carolina is already skating her LP a lot better than some of her previous efforts. I noticed particularly that her arms are now elegant most of the time rather than stiff and gawky and her musicality has improved tremendously.

Well, hello, of COURSE her skating is going to have more performance factor with all the more difficult technical content gone. Carolina is able to concentrate on the aesthetics a lot more since she doesn't have such a long setup for each jump (her lutz setup used to take her the legnth of the rink!). OTOH, even with the easier jumps, there were fallouts and inelegant landings. When a skater can't skate clean even with such simple content, I think that should limit the PCS scores.

It seems as if Carolina has looked at Lepisto's world bronze and concluded that there's no need for lutzes and flips since the judges have been giving Carolina high PCS scores with a messy skate. It's a logical conclusion, based on Lepisto's medal, that if Carolina did 6 easy triples, she might win World silver or even (gasp!) gold.

cjsk8fan

On the Ice
Well, hello, of COURSE her skating is going to have more performance factor with all the more difficult technical content gone. Carolina is able to concentrate on the aesthetics a lot more since she doesn't have such a long setup for each jump (her lutz setup used to take her the legnth of the rink!). OTOH, even with the easier jumps, there were fallouts and inelegant landings. When a skater can't skate clean even with such simple content, I think that should limit the PCS scores.

It seems as if Carolina has looked at Lepisto's world bronze and concluded that there's no need for lutzes and flips since the judges have been giving Carolina high PCS scores with a messy skate. It's a logical conclusion, based on Lepisto's medal, that if Carolina did 6 easy triples, she might win World silver or even (gasp!) gold.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

jiggs

On the Ice
t seems as if Carolina has looked at Lepisto's world bronze and concluded that there's no need for lutzes and flips since the judges have been giving Carolina high PCS scores with a messy skate.

Carolina is and has been injured on her knee for a while and she has only started practicing in the beginning of September. She is still in pain and thats why she chose not to include Flip or Lutz. I am sure she will include them again as soon as her knee is fine (hopefully soon).

berrycute

On the Ice

I hate to be pedantic, but Laura's WC bronze DID actually include a lutz. She landed a triple toe-triple toe and a triple lutz (both with positive GOEs, BTW). They were her hardest elements, actually Laura doubled all her easier ones. So a good lutz or flip is actually more valuable than you might think. In fact, the Laura situation seems exactly the opposite of what you're implying (a few difficult jumps DOES seem to be as rewarded as many easier ones).

Just saying...