Ladies - LP | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Ladies - LP

Trewyn

Medalist
You forgot Ashley's disaster in the LP at 2008 Worlds...

I'm sad for Ashley, it looked like she didn't have strength in her feet necessary to support her jump landings, spins, and footwork. I hope it's just due to lack of training time this summer and nothing serious.

Watching Caroline's LP tonight, I see that Caroline did fix her mule kick for Flip entrance, but not for Lutz entrance. Well, one at a time...

Yeah! She really looked tired or jetlagged or something. She's usually so energetic on the ice; today; nothing, no spark. Oh yes; 2008 Worlds.. The first event I watched on live television.. Such a trauma :D. I think I repressed the memory of it.

Btw; what was that bracelet she was wearing? It looked like a small digital watch in close-up, but from far it looked like a bracelet you get in the hospital that they put on you so they don't accidentally perform the wrong surgery on you :p Anyway; I hope it wasn't supposed to be there and she just forgot to take it off.

champs

Final Flight
Ashley had said she was sick in September I think, and had to pull from Nebelhorn. Then turned around and skated at ATS LA about 2-3 weeks later. And she seems to spend a bit of time vlogging. She might want to consider some more quality time at practice. I still don't know what happened to the SP that was supposed to be Kashmir--maybe it got panned by USFS? Or maybe it just wasn't ready and she had to re-tread last year's model.

I knew what you said about being sick, cancelling Nebelhorn and stuff already. By my previous post I meant I hoped that there is no other factor (e.g. injury from this morning) that could have caused the meltdown.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
:yay: Congrats to Carolina. I am so happy for her and Congrats to Racheal and Kanako.

I will hold my comments until I watch the FS on Univ. or on youtube which gives a clearer video than my darn livefeed with IN which was constantly freezing. Judging by Rachael and Carolina scores they both must have done very well.

I don't know what to say about Mao and Caroline, I am speechless. :disapp:

Nadia01

Final Flight
I can't wait to see the protocols and see how many of Ashley's jumps got downgraded and how much points she lost for messing up those spins. They weren't as bad as Yu Na's jumps in Turin; but she messed up the bielmand position in the first combo spin and there was a visible wobble in another. The bielman position in the last combo spin was lovely though; it really showed off her body lines. She has amazing thin arms. But really; Ashley wasn't herself in that program; she looked like her mind was somewhere else. And if your mind isn't in the program you better not be skating to Malageuna. She was too slow for the music.
On a positive note; I thought Ashley's double axel-triple toe looked good; maybe a bit low free leg on the landing of the triple toe but LOTS of potential to turn it into a stunning element.

Umm...

Yuna's jumps in Turin weren't atrocious.

She got UR on her 3F during short, and botched her spin & spiral.

During her LP, she fell on her 3S and popped 2A at the very end, but otherwise, her jumps were fine, and she placed #1 in LP.

If Ashley had skated the exact same program Yuna did in Turin LP, Ashley would've gotten the gold medal here.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Wow, I just realized Carolina K won this competition without any jump more difficult than a 3Lo--in either program!

SkateSkates

Medalist
Ashley doesn't spend that much time vlogging. There's been about one a month, and none of them seem to be taking away from her training time so that is not a valid argument.

sunny0760

On the Ice
I can't wait to see the protocols and see how many of Ashley's jumps got downgraded and how much points she lost for messing up those spins. They weren't as bad as Yu Na's jumps in Turin;

Yu-Na's jumps in Turin? Her SP or LP? What kind of jumps do you think are comparable here? 3Lz-3T, 2A-3T, 3F, 3S or what? Whether some of their jumps were successful/unsuccessful in Turin/NHK?
Anyway, you can see protocol at any time. What is so unfair?

Trewyn

Medalist
Oh! I meant to write Yu Na's SPINS in Turin (I think it was the SP?). I don't think Ashley's and Yu Na's jumps are comparable, don't worry. Aborting a spin is just pretty much as bad as it can get on that element; Ashley just had a wobble and missed out on a position. And Yu Na would have won gold here, true Her jumps in Turin weren't good though; I hate how when she falls she takes a while to get back into the program; she always seems to stop, look around, seems to make sure the world hasn't come to an end and then continues. But I've seen tons of ladies do that tonight. I think that's what really defines MELTDOWN. When you let messed up jumps affect you like that and never get fully back in the program.

Last edited:

taaak

Rinkside
elene is 3rd in LP :) go girl you can jump, just change the hair color please..

congratulations carolina :love:

Dizzy

Spectator
Wow, I just realized Carolina K won this competition without any jump more difficult than a 3Lo--in either program!

Yep,just noticed it,i like Carolina and i am happy for her,but i don't think that's ok that she didn't even try a flip or a lutz.

janetfan

Match Penalty
I don't see what Yuna has to do with this event ........

It was strange and I have to say not such good news for Rachael. She was close to her best out there and was still outclassed by a less than full strength Caro.

Rachael has a cupcake assignment at SA so she is basically in the GPF.

Kanako - I like her LP but was surprised she missed so many jumps.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Ashley doesn't spend that much time vlogging.

And you know this personally? The point isn't about the vlogging per se, the point is that Ashley seems to have broadened her interests beyond skating. Just like most 19 year olds. That is not a criticism of her, as eventually life moves forward. But at some point, you can only be so diversified, when you are simultaneously trying to get to the top of the pile in elite sports. And she hasn't even won her first US championship yet, much less in major internationals.

Tanja90

On the Ice
Yep,just noticed it,i like Carolina and i am happy for her,but i don't think that's ok that she didn't even try a flip or a lutz.

Injury injury injury...it's better that she didnt try them in this competition! she has to recover first! btw she isn't first in the tecnical score but she won thanks to her components which were at the highest level at this competition!
And if I remember well lepisto got 115+ for a program with three triple so I don't see nothing strange in carolina score and first place!

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
If her knee has not allowed her to train properly, I don't have a problem with her not trying flip or lutz here. Carolina worked with what she had to work with. It's not her problem that the other ladies--some with flips and lutzes--shot themselves in their collective feet in one way or another!

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
I had to go to work, so I missed the end of the freeskate. Nice silver for Rachael. :yay:

Not sure what happened to Caroline. She looked heavy. I think if she lost some weight, she could skate faster and with more grace and flow.

Krislite

Medalist
I don't see what Yuna has to do with this event ........

It was strange and I have to say not such good news for Rachael. She was close to her best out there and was still outclassed by a less than full strength Caro.

Rachael has a cupcake assignment at SA so she is basically in the GPF.

Rachael even went for seven triples, but got downgraded on a 3Lz and a 3F (again). Seven attempted triples with no falls, in a weakened field that seems uncertain and unready to compete, and yet she only scored 0.01 points more than Kostner in the long program.