10 Shawn SAWYER 70.15
11 Jeremy ABBOTT 74.62
12 Daisuke TAKAHASHI 78.04

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Is there a (free) live stream for this event?

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
If Jeremy Ten's performance is an indicator of how this night will go, I cannot wait. A messy landing on one jump, popped another, but he had some fire here. It's like he saw Diane Szmiett and said... "nope, not me." Lovely final spin.

He looked pleased and determined at the end.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
KVDP is VERY happy. Partial SO. Two minor errors (hand down on one jump, two-footed another) and he clearly has stamina issues but the power!!! If he ever gets over those stamina issues (unlikely, given his age) he'd be a podium contender.

My understanding is that they changed the rules for the step sequence. The second one is an "unleveled" one where the base value is 2.00 and you just get GOE.

His costume isn't great, though. Score: 134.10. His PCS was lower then Ten's, which is correct. Of course, his TES blew Ten's out of the water.

FTnoona

Final Flight
So like how does that affect the score for the FS? Should I be thinking add 2-4 more points on TES to put it into perspective from last years scores?

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Also, van de Perren did a transition. That was unexpected.

Schlutheiss. Wierd costume, but it kinda suits him. A fall nearing the end. The program has a boring beginning, but it picks up with interersting choreography. Couple spin positions I don't think I've seen before. Shame about the fall on the last jump as it was quite a good skate. He seems quite disappointed with that. It'll be interesting to see where he stacks up. I'd have him behind KVDP but ahead of Ten.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
So like how does that affect the score for the FS? Should I be thinking add 2-4 more points on TES to put it into perspective from last years scores?

2-3 maybe? I'd have to double check. And not always, some skaters did low level step sequences so they're actually not hurt at all by this (KVDP, Joubert)

119.23, 2nd overall. Fair enough for Schlutheiss - he didn't do a 3-3, but I assume the popped jump would've hurt Ten.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Mura: He's fast. It's making his jumps a little wonky. Slow down, don't get Kostneritis!!!!! Landed everything. He's fast.