Men's Free Program; Oct. 23 11:00 pm EST/9:00 pm where I am | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Men's Free Program; Oct. 23 11:00 pm EST/9:00 pm where I am

FTnoona

Final Flight
Takahashi and Hanyu both got edge calls on their flips :(
Hanyu got +1.29 GOE for his 4T
All three Japanese men landed 4T today!

This youtube channel has most of the men's FS. At the moment it is missing Takahashi's http://www.youtube.com/user/84ppo

Last edited:

lavender

Record Breaker
Right order but Dai's pcs scores were to high for that skate but that program definitely has the potential to get those kind of scores.'

I agree... Jeremy's short is my fav of the season so far but Dai definitely has the better long.

Glad all my favs were on the podium. Too bad there wasn't room Sawyer.

Last edited:

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
The thing is that the flaws don't really detract heavily from interpretation or choreography, which were Dai's two highest components. I do think his performance component could be a point lower, and skating skills taking a hit as well, but overall, the PCS drop would be no more than 5-6 points, which would still have him in first place in the FS. Jeremy got hit with a UR on the lutz (as opposed to Dai's UR on the 2Lo of his combination) and Dai's quad and two triple axels (Jeremy only had one 3A, a 2A and a 1A) easily put him above.

I think the order is correct. PCS a little high, but not so high to be dramatically unfair.

aftertherain

Record Breaker
Watching this has made me realize how short Daisuke would look next to Jeremy.

No, I'm just kidding.

I have come to the conclusion that I like Jeremy's skating better than I do of Johnny's or Evan's. His FS was cute, like "nice guy" kinda cute. :) Though, it can be argued that I probably like Jeremy better because he seems nicer than the other two. :p Oops.

Daisuke's FS was nice, but I really loved his "La Strada" program from last year. He seemed a lot more "free" in that program.

FTnoona

Final Flight
Hanyu was pretty solid, but he popped a jump (the loop, I think). Did anyone else find his costume hideous?[/QUOTE]

I also don't like his costume at all.

Haha...I thought both of his costumes were not very pretty : (
I liked last years costumes for both the SP and FS better. He looked soo much more adorable :)

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think this "Life is Beautiful" is my favorite Jeremy Abbott LP thus far in his career. I feel his love for this program (on his twitter he said he loves it and it shows to me). His charming, whimsical, lighthearted side of his personality gets to shine through. He stole my heart again with his skate. Beautiful! :love:

Nomdesk8

Spectator
I like to see Daisuke's LP as soon as possible. Was he so outstanding than Jeremy?

Part of the difference in the overall score was because Dai had a higher score in the short program. Plus, it looked to me like the single axel in the last half of Jeremy's program was supposed to be a triple axel. Missing that axel probably cost him a lot of points.

I liked the skates from all of the top three. I thought Florent's footwork and transitions were fun, but did not show the same difficulty and quality of skating as Dai's and Jeremy's and Florent took a few pauses. IMO, both Jeremy and Dai are very musical, but Jeremy is more subtle with his musicality and expression and it works beautifully with the music. They're both great. And Florent is adorable and delivered with his jumps and spins. Jeremy's spins looked slower in both the short and long.

mot

On the Ice
Haha...I thought both of his costumes were not very pretty : (
I liked last years costumes for both the SP and FS better. He looked soo much more adorable :)

The costume for his lp was designed by Johnny Weir. He tweeted about designing it, and Japanese TV showed Johnny asking for some correction when they skated together in one of Japanese shows.;)

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
I do not like Takahashi's LP. :cry:

It's both monotone and hackneyed; he also does a bunch of transitions that are mostly there just to do transitions and not because they have any real meaning. His Quad was beautiful and the first 3Axel was gorgeous and timed great with the music change...but why is there a tempo change that early in the program? It isn't even a tempo change that leads anywhere because we are back to a slow section 30 seconds later...and then back to another faster section a moment later...and then back to another slow section after a footwork sequence.

Like, what?!? Jeremy Abbott skated to a version of this music 2 years ago and it was one of the best programs ever. Takahashi has taken the music and butchered it so that the repetitive accordion sound is at the forefront of the melody all the way through the program. That problem, in combination with far too many tempo changes, makes the program feel like a poorly done patchwork with a line of cranberry juice stain running through the whole thing. There aren't many individually great moments and the program as a whole doesn't build to much of anything. :disapp:

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
To me the fs highlights were: Hanyu and Takahashi, WOW to their interpretation, skating and programmes!!! I think that Hanyu needs to do a bit more competing in seniors to get higher PCS, now he was robbed at least in some areas, in my opinion. I did not like his fs costume much, but somehow I can see it fitting his music.

I like Abbott´s programme, but I don´t like his posture... He does not seem to feel the music (maybe a bit too subtle?) as much as e.g. Takahashi and Hanyu do in their programmes. Have not watched the fs of Amadio, Sawyer and Ten so far.

Last edited:

treeloving

Medalist
To me the fs highlights were: Hanyu and Takahashi, WOW to their interpretation, skating and programmes!!! I think that Hanyu needs to do a bit more competing in seniors to get higher PCS, now he was robbed at least in some areas, in my opinion. I did not like his fs costume much, but somehow I can see it fitting his music.

May be Hanyu got deduct because of his costume :biggrin: But I agree with you it fitting some part of his performance(but I still wish that he will change it) . And I also agree that his PSC is to low.

dlnnyc64

Spectator
i have one thing to add. doesnt jeremy have a hot a**? LOL. i love his body lines. sorry to be crude but he is v. well proportioned and has such an elegant look on the ice.