Practice Sessions on SkateBuzz | Golden Skate

Practice Sessions on SkateBuzz

Skate97

Rinkside
For anyone interested, SkateBuzz is live-streaming the Skate Canada practice sessions all day today. Alissa Czisny looked great in her short program run-through.

sigrid

On the Ice
I've tried to watch, but it isn't working for me. Do you need to be suscribed to skatebuzz or something?

Skate97

Rinkside
I've tried to watch, but it isn't working for me. Do you need to be suscribed to skatebuzz or something?

You might have to be in Canada to be able to watch, but if you are in Canada, you don't need to register or anything.

In the second group of ladies, Sarah Meier left the ice a little sooner than the rest of the ladies and it looked like her leg or ankle was being looked at by medical personnel. Sarah hobbled backstage with her arm over someone's shoulder.

sigrid

On the Ice
Oh I see... thanks for the info (if you see men's practice, could you post how it was here please?)

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
In the second group of ladies, Sarah Meier left the ice a little sooner than the rest of the ladies and it looked like her leg or ankle was being looked at by medical personnel. Sarah hobbled backstage with her arm over someone's shoulder.

Oh no! :no: That's not good at all! :cry:

Skate97

Rinkside
In the Pairs practices, I/M of RUS looked very good. All 3 CAN teams also looked good. M-T/M have definitely improved since last season. It was the first time I've seen S/M of the US--they show a lot of promise.

The commentators also mentioned that Bryce Davison had knee surgery and is out for the Grand Prix season.

gopatrick

EnChanted
On the Ice
How did Fumie look?

I just peeked in from time to time, haven't seen her landing a 3lutz. In the contrary, Cynthia is quite solid.

D/R look very good together, landing a side by side 3lutz and 3T-2T-2T combo.

I missed men's group1. In group 2, Javier lands a quad, Adam's 3A is still bothering him so does Patrick's, but Patrick's 4T-3T appears to be bery solid, and Kevin lands 4T-3T-3Lo.

Tigger

Final Flight
In the Pairs practices, I/M of RUS looked very good. All 3 CAN teams also looked good. M-T/M have definitely improved since last season. It was the first time I've seen S/M of the US--they show a lot of promise.

The commentators also mentioned that Bryce Davison had knee surgery and is out for the Grand Prix season.

Sigh...So much for the hope he'd only given it a severe sprain. A Speedy Recovery to Bryce!!

So wish I was somewhere else where High Speed's available so I could watch Skatebuzz. :(

smia

Rinkside
I'm glad to hear that I/M are looking good. I really enjoy them and hope they make the Russian team this season but it's going to be very difficult with Volosozhar/Trankov, Mukhortova/Blanchard, Kawaguchi/Smirnov, Gerboldt/Enbert and Bazarova/Larionov! It's very important that I/M impress at Skate Canada otherwise their chances will drop to nil.

colleen o'neill

Medalist
:biggrin: Yay, skatebuzz... although I only found out about this in time to see the dance practice, it was great. I lo-o-ove to see the practices.

Looks like this could shape up to be my favourite K/K FD, ever. Strength and grace..some really nice lifts. It ain't over 'til it's over... Really like the cut of Tibbets & Brubaker's jib. C/Z...What the..? Looked fairly scrambly and sew up his pockets, please! (This cannot begin to contend with the Shibs..)
Hideous costumes on G/B and the non GW parts were pretty ho-hum. Nice looking couple though.

C/P looked fast, neat, nice intricacies.. some great lifts.( Thanks, CD) Might be a little improvement in her shoulders , but he still doesn't look at her much.. P/I certainly fit right in... great looking as a couple..What a back..music seems to work, but couldn't see all of GW properly. Also did some of the lifts from their FD..yum. I liked the German couple too..feel sort of non-commital about A/T. this will be ve-e-ery interesting tomorrow.

Last edited:

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
They are reporting over at FSUniverse that Cynthia and Alissa are looking very strong.
Alissa's demons can't find Canada on a map. :)

mishieru07

On the Ice
Is there a quad explosion this season?:jaw:

It's good! I'm all for men who can bring both the technique and the artistry!!!

Thanks for the report Colleen; looking forward to seeing the dancers!!

I hope Alissa does well, as do the rest of the ladies. Please, no more splatfests!!