Ladies - Short Program | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ladies - Short Program

Nadine

Record Breaker
I have to be honest, Agnes doesn't impress me much (for now). I don't like the dress, the music, the costume, the choreography, anything, except the jumps were good. Not Irina Slutskaya style, but as good as the Japanese I would say. :)

p.s. she looks like a combination of Cynthia Phaneuf & Amber Corwin, and she also looks much older than 16. Anyhow, good job!

Nadine

Record Breaker
I really enjoyed Miriam's skate, she has a lovely lyrical style, good jumps, but she doesn't look like she's very flexible for the spins that the top dogs do (aka Biellmann). Nevertheless, lovely skate. :)

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks for your comments and insights, ImaginaryPogue and Nadine. :biggrin: I'm not currently able to watch this at work.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Buffering issues on Samson - I saw her land the triple flip and double axel, but I don't know about the combo. She seems happy, so I don't think she fell. Kwong thinks the 3z-2loop should have an edge call, but she doesn't think it'll happen.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
LaFuente: HUGE fall stroking. I don't think she's continuing. Music stopped, she's skating around now.

She's starting again

raress

On the Ice
Last week when they were broadcasting Nhk they announced that they will broadcast S Canada to but i don't know what's happening:|!And you have to clink on "Смотреть НТВ+ Спорт oнлайн" to watch!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Is anyone else watching on Universal Sports??? TERRY GANNON is back to figure skating commentary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH, Terry, how I've missed thee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *major fangirl moment when I heard his voice* I think I'm more excited for Terry's return than the skating at this point...

I love LaFuente's costume though. Perfect for the music. Very pretty girl, too bad about the fall.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Lafuente landed a 3loop-2t, 3Toe, 2A.

Tactically, starting again was the smart move. the error was REALLY early, and she couldn't do much about the combo or maybe even the solo triple she lost so much time. Glad she's not injured.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Too bad about the fall by Sonja, good thing they let her start over, but the whole time I kept thinking of Oksana Baiul because this music "The Feeling Begins" is synonymous of her pro. program imho. Good job. :)

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Gilles: fell on her combo and her solo triple. Landed the 2A. Lifeless program

Score: 41.02

Last edited:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Darn, I really like Alexe Gilles, too bad about the fall on two of the jumps because I recall she jumps just like Agnes! Pink looks lovely on her, but she's such a tall statesque beauty that I wish her music & costumes would accentuate that fact. No more of this junior type music. Imho she's America's answer to Finland's Kiira Korpi. :)

Better luck next time, Alexe!