Ladies - Short Program | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Ladies - Short Program

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Just watched Cynthia's SP on youtube. It was great. I looked for Makarova's, but I couldn't find it. Sad to see Fumie down at the back of the pack.

Nadine

Record Breaker
You could try looking at the ISU rulebook with their 1001 changes to level requirements and GoE every season! Not easy to keep track of but certainly something interesting to do in the off season! It's actually quite straightforward and kinda fun to try and score programmes. I like the IJS better than 6.0 for that reason; at least I know how skaters are scored and why. Never understood how judges decided what was worth a 6.0 and another a 5.8.

The FS should be VERY exciting! And so far so good for my predicted podium! :biggrin:

In answer to your smart alec remark, no, I neither have the time nor the desire to read over all the continually changing rules & regulations. After the skating season is over, I'm gone, which is my custom every year. Skating is not my life, just something I enjoy. :)

Also, I'm a traditionalist, and I respect those that came before, which is why I use 3R, not 3L, et al, in honor of its creator Werner Rittberger. I don't care what the ISU rule book says. Savvy. ;)

Thus far, I enjoyed the ladies at NHK more, but that's not saying much. I can't wait to see what Mirai Nagasu has in store for us all at COC (crossing fingers it's something phenomenal)!

Now onto the MEN! :)

MikiAndoFan#1

Record Breaker
I really enjoyed the ladies' SP! I'm so happy about the top 3! Alissa's jumps look much better!

:rock:

Oh Fumie...

:cry:

wallylutz

Medalist
Amelie looks like Meryl Davis of the USA except she has bright blue Paul Newman eyes. Nice skate, good job, my favorite part was how she hung on to the 3R/2R combo. (edge jumps are my favorite, especially the axel & the loop). :)

that was a 3Lo-3Lo combo

silverlake22

Record Breaker
MY GOSH, I honestly cannot get over how much Cynthia Phaneuf & Agnes Zawadzki look alike in *everything*, literally! Same face, same body, same height on jumps, same style, et al. Except Cynthia has a way better program imho. Obviously will be in 1st place. ;)

I see it too. I think it's the tall and muscular build. And the way they finish off their movements.

Layfan

Record Breaker
Anyone have any clips? Sounds like a good event.

Congrats to Cynthia for coming out strong at home!! And congrats for Agnes for a strong senior debut!! Bummer Alissa didn't knock it out of the park but sounds like she fought and had a decent program and still has a shot at a medal.

ETA: Well, so far I got the top four right but all out of order except Ksenia who I predicted would win silver.
Silverlake got it pretty right: just the top two reversed :biggrin:

Last edited:

coolboogie22

Match Penalty
For me the best ladies in the event was Amelie Lacoste. I enjoy watching her because she is one of the only ladies who is able to do triple loop/triple loop combination. And, to me it's was a great attempt, it was very clean and beautifully done ... to bad that she stepped out ... I wish that she success on it an impress the top 3. She is able Go Amelie! :D

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congrats to Cynthia, Ksenia and Agnes.

I was at work so I missed the first four skaters, hope to catch them later on US. I am so happy that Agnes did well, can't wait to see her SP.
Cynthia did an excellent job and Ksenia SP was one of my favorites and she is a beautiful jumper.

Not crazy about Alissa's program she looked slow and the music was a snooze.

Fumie's SP just did not not have tech she needs to stay competitive with the other ladies. Great dress tho.

I predict the top 3 SP finishers in any order for the podium. I would not be surprised if Agnes or Ksenia take Gold.

krenseby

Final Flight
Phaneuf: landed the jumps, but only did a solo 3T (3Lz-2t) Rocked the footwork, okay spins. Should go into first - the 3-3 combo of the rest was easy and her GOEs for the jumps should be good.

I loved Cynthia's footwork - I think she has the makings of a good show skater.

I can not predict the winner - no one can - but I can say that Imai and Agnes will be the wave of the future and last through 2013.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I agree, Doris, I really like Ksenia! First time, knowingly, I've seen her.

Layfan

Record Breaker
All the universal videos have been taken down for people outside the U.S. and Canada :sheesh:

But I managed to find this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpFsFaxhZvg

Nice! Everyone's right - she rocked the footwork. I just like the choreo in general - it was different - and she oozed attitude. I have to say I enjoyed that more than anything I saw at NHK. Good for her!

Hope she keeps it up in the FS, and everyone else, too.

Last edited: