Virtual Program and Preview Free Dance, Sunday, Oct 31, 12:15 EST | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Virtual Program and Preview Free Dance, Sunday, Oct 31, 12:15 EST

beep_beep

Medalist
We knew they were going to lose to C/P, but placing the Kerrs behind P/I on the FD is just cruel...
That lift probably didn't count

MissCleo

On the Ice
the kerrs FD seem so personal, a program that is reminiscing/looking back, is this their last season? it kinda seems like a farewell/I had good times kinda FD

Shaba22

Final Flight
Ice Dance
1 Vanessa CRONE / Paul POIRIER (CAN) 154.42
2 Sinead KERR / John KERR (GBR) 149.80
3 Madison CHOCK / Greg ZUERLEIN (USA) 139.05
4 Alexandra PAUL / Mitchell ISLAM (CAN) 138.16
5 Pernelle CARRON / Lloyd JONES (FRA) 136.03
6 Kristina GORSHKOVA / Vitali BUTIKOV (RUS) 127.45
7 Sarah ARNOLD / Justin TROJEK (CAN) 107.64
8 Stefanie FROHBERG / Tim GIESEN (GER) 105.10
9 Rachel TIBBETTS / Collin BRUBAKER (USA) 95.86

CassAgain

On the Ice
The Kerrs' program is well choreographed and has lots of potential. Aside from the few mistakes, they looked really good.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
That's true. But I can't type fast enough to describe complex lifts before they are off into the next thing. The reason that the lift dismount failed is that the thing was off from the first.

However, that will be a formidible program at Europeans!

They have had the same lifts for a couple years, and this is a new set of lifts. Given that they are the same size, I'm not surprised there is a learning curve.

NorthernDancers

On the Ice
Carron/Jones - really cool opening lift; cool, unique choreography; really like this team; maybe not as good as the Chock/Zuerlein because of speed and flow, but do think they should have stayed ahead of Paul/Islam

Buttercup

Record Breaker
The Kerrs have not competed their FD this summer. However, this is the third season that they have used a program by Muse in a row. Perhaps third time will be the charm.
They didn't skate to Muse last season except in the EX.

That was my favorite FD so far this season. Too bad about the mistakes, but if they get it right, watch out.

hongligl

Final Flight
I adore Paul! He's so cute. Love their FD! But I'm not a fan of the blue costume, could be better in black?

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
We knew they were going to lose to C/P, but placing the Kerrs behind P/I on the FD is just cruel...

Oh come on, Crone/Poirier were better. Paul/Islam were cleaner. The Kerrs got hammered on levels (which we knew they would because they always do - 4 level two elements). Paul/Islam had the highest levels of the night (along with the Russians) but were given the PCS that their experience demands. The Kerrs will do better as the season progresses and I think they can be podium contenders, but I think the result tonight was fair.

NorthernDancers

On the Ice
Crone/Poirier - far and away the best we've seen today. The years of skating together shine through in the unison and lines and clean feet and awesome transitions. So glad they had Christopher Dean choregraph! And the costumes actually work! Accentuates their lines. As much as I love Weaver/Poje, this is really quite a bit better. So well done.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
http://www.isuresults.com/results/gpcan2010/gpcan10_IceDance_FD_Scores.pdf

Protocols are up.
C&P got level2 on the opening lift
level3 on 2 step sequences and the twizzles

P&I got level 4 on all their lifts
level 3 on the steps and twizzles

K&K got level 4 on 3 lifts, level 2 on a lift that wasn't the one they goofed on
However, they had level 2 on their steps, spin.
level 3 on the twizzles.

C&Z had level 4 on all lifts and the twizzles
Level 2 and 3 on step sequences.

mishieru07

On the Ice

P/I hit level 3s and 4s on all their elements, with reasonably good GoE. That explains their high TES. The Kerrs made mistakes and got 4 level 2s - a lift, the spin and the two step sequences. Very unfortunate.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I expect them to get it right and do better-really this is the best early season effort by the Kerrs I have ever seen. They are definitely serious this year.

BTW, I love this program of theirs.

In fact, I like all of the medal winning programs, although my feed was a mess for C/P so I will just have to watch it again.

Such suffering !

And I really didn't expect C&Z to come on so strong this year, especially given that Caberet is new to them since LPIDC. Who knew they could do humor!

Congratulations to Vanessa & Paul on what I think is their first GP win!
Congratulations to Madison and Greg on their first GP medal!

Last edited:

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Also, I'd like to give Zueva/Shpilband some credit for understanding Chock/Zuerlein's flaws before and working to fix them. I always felt that she blew him off the ice - your eyes went to her and stayed on her, and even costuming would allow Greg to fade into the background. Not with this program. Obviously the make-up helps, but he's worked on his expression and they've got a program that accentuates that.

But the leap Crone/Poirier made with this program took my breath away.

jettasian

Match Penalty
For the Kerrs, she has more muscle than him......that's gotta be tough for the lifts. I suggest he should pack more muscle.

NorthernDancers

On the Ice
the Kerr's - in a field of young guns, these folks definitely brought maturity and grace to their presentation; deserve to be second today with the mistakes, but I do like this team

herios

Medalist
I've never seen them do comedy before, but it really worked, I think.

The Shibs may not pass them at Nationals.

Well, they had to put their act together this year. It was time.Much better vehicle for them, they stand out with this Broadway thusfar this season in this genra.

mishieru07

On the Ice
Doris, I really like the Kerrs but can't help feeling worried for them and the "veterans" like F/S and Bobs /Sol. Do you think there's a chance that they'll get overtaken by the younger teams like I/K and the Shibs by next season? The Kerrs have always struggled on hitting the levels. The younger teams could end up like V/M and D/W at Worlds 2007; high TES that allows them to place in the top 10 despite lower PCS.