Pairs - Free program | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Pairs - Free program

L'amour

On the Ice
The Russians deserved to win, but I don't think they were great. They are so young and she is cute, they should skate to something fresh and not those havy overused musics. They migth have a great future ahed of them but I wish they bring to their skating more personality.

oleada

Record Breaker
I agree that Lubov/Nodari need to work on their connection to each other, but it's not like the Canadians were better in this regard. In terms of skating skills, posture, line, flow, etc - the Russians were in a completely different level than the Canadians. Upon rewatching, the Canadians didn't seem much faster either. I stand by my statement that the PCS for them is too high.

gold12345

Medalist
Agree, it is good to see Eric back again - and he does remind a little of Stephane Lambiel. Also really like the Russian girl. But does anyone else think she looks a little anorexic? There are naturally thin people, but she looks a little too thin IMHO.

I did think she looked skinnier than she usually does, and I'm not one to normally notice these things. Hopefully it's just a result of good eating/exercising habits rather than anything extreme. Extreme dieting can come back to bite you long-term, so hopefully she's keeping herself healthy.

My guess is that Meagan is not artistic enough for him. I also have doubt about her jumping consistancy. She also looks a bit heavy as a pair skater. But if they can get the jumps done and get a triple twist, there is still hope.

Her skating itself is somewhat clunky and heavy looking maybe, but she is petite and short. She has that weird wrapped leg/loose air position on many of her elements, and I'm assuming her wonky technique is a main reason why she's never done a triple twist. As for the jumping consistency, they are attempting really hard SBS jumps, especially for a girl. Pair teams in general are inconsistent jumpers, so I don't think it's a big deal.

Last edited:

colleen o'neill

Medalist
I give Meaghan all the credit in the world for working as hard as she has to improve so much since first being paired with Craig..but I don't know how much farther she can go. I know they're looking at this as a long term proposition , but I'm not sure she can ever equal his line.

It's strange how these pairings occur..It just makes me wonder..if he and Jessica Dube were ever at loose ends at the same time and if they ever tried out together.

No,no..this is not bad wishes for either of their partners..It's just that often there has been a lot of behind the scenes shuffling and what-iffing..I just wondered...

hongligl

Final Flight
I did think she looked skinnier than she usually does, and I'm not one to normally notice these things. Hopefully it's just a result of good eating/exercising habits rather than anything extreme. Extreme dieting can come back to bite you long-term, so hopefully she's keeping herself healthy.

Her skating itself is somewhat clunky and heavy looking maybe, but she is petite and short. She has that weird wrapped leg/loose air position on many of her elements, and I'm assuming her wonky technique is a main reason why she's never done a triple twist. As for the jumping consistency, they are attempting really hard SBS jumps, especially for a girl. Pair teams in general are inconsistent jumpers, so I don't think it's a big deal.

I Know they are trying the most difficult sbs jumps. She had been trying that with her old partner way back, and I don't remember ever seeing them succeeded. If that is what she counts on, I seriously doubt the possibility of sucess. If she is looking foreward to 2014, it would make more sense to work on her lines and basics as well as artistry to match his. To be honest, Eric looks so good that he makes her look even worse than she really is. No offense, I have no hard feeling at all with Meagan, but I don't see this pair partnership going too far. I even don't know Eric before Skate Canada, but he stood out so much he's the only person that I remember by name among all the new pairs in this competition. I really wish them well, but we'll see.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
The problem is that a lot of girls look poor beside Eric Radford. This is his third partner in as many seasons. And if you've noticed, Cody Hay is also taking a long time to find a partner. I do wonder if he'll even find one with enough time to put himself w/ her as a contender for Sochi (for the team).

Tigger

Final Flight
I Know they are trying the most difficult sbs jumps. She had been trying that with her old partner way back, and I don't remember ever seeing them succeeded. If that is what she counts on, I seriously doubt the possibility of sucess.

Megan and Ryan Arnold are in the record books for being the first Pairs Team ever landing SBS Triple Lutzes at 05 Canadians in London and they were beauties!!

Personally, I think they need to work w/someone different for Choreography. I didn't care for the majority of the programs Juile Marcotte gave Megan and Craig and that feeling continues w/this Season w/Eric. Although, the LP does have potential for maybe being the exception to that w/me.

Still...It always seems that Megan and her partners get stuck w/this heavy duty music from Julie and it just does not suit them at all!! There's so much stuff out there that's both powerful and not so plodding/heavy sounding that's there's just no excuse for it, but it keeps happening for some reason.

Sad too, as I feel it was a disservice to Megan and Craig and now to Megan and Eric.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
The Russians deserved to win, but I don't think they were great. They are so young and she is cute, they should skate to something fresh and not those havy overused musics. They migth have a great future ahed of them but I wish they bring to their skating more personality.

Yes, bad music choices in both programs screamed stereotypical russian pair. They were head and shoulders above the rest of the field though. Amazing how after only one summer russia has their gold medalists for pairs and dance all lined up .