Men - Free program | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Men - Free program

beep_beep

Medalist
My one criticism of Javi is that there's too much posing and two-foot skating in his choreography. He also could use more speed. Still, to me he is like a more elegant version of Philippe Candeloro. I love his skating overall! :love:

Well, it's Morozov's choreo after all...

Javi, you're too fabulous for Morozov, get another choreographer!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Help!! Joined Universal Sports yesterday for the commentary...today I had commentators for the pairs, but nothing for the men...how are you guys getting Weiss...I'm so bummed! Also, why do I sometimes only get half a screen with a stupid picture commercial on the other half? If anyone could help I'd really appreciate it!

I'm watching on television, which is why I am getting Weiss and Gannon

as for technical issues - email universal sports as they're the ones that can help with that.

Tigger

Final Flight

YES!!!

Could we possibly form a posse to kidnap him and then...

Wait a minute. That wouldn't work because then no one would want to let him go. ;)

*Loved* the music and the idea of the program, but Javi really is just too good for what Morozov's giving him.

SerpentineSteps

On the Ice

Going on a limb here because there seems to be so much Morozov hate on this board, and I hate to be repetitive, but did you see that step sequence? Absolutely genius.

And no, it wasn't just "posing". It was taking a theme in the music (i.e. Jack Sparrow's constant inebriation) and turning into a real choreographic element, incorporating very technically demanding upper-body movement throughout, giving the impression that he could fall over any moment, all the while making it seem like it's just silly choreography to the untrained eye.

I haven't been a fan of Morozov's recent choreography (e.g. Miki's choreo for the Olympic season), but this one was a very clear example of why he's become such an acclaimed choreographer.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It seems like Alban is just going from one end of the rink to the other and just jump, jump, jump. I'm not buying this interpretation from him and I don't believe I've seen a single transition in this program.

evangeline

Record Breaker
Going on a limb here because there seems to be so much Morozov hate on this board, and I hate to be repetitive, but did you see that step sequence? Absolutely genius.

And no, it wasn't just "posing". It was taking a theme in the music (i.e. Jack Sparrow's constant inebriation) and turning into a real choreographic element, incorporating very technically demanding upper-body movement throughout (i.e. giving the impression that he could fall over any moment).

I haven't been a fan of Morozov's recent choreography (e.g. Miki's choreo for the Olympic season), but this one was a very clear example of why he's become such an acclaimed choreographer.

Yeah, I'd say Morozov is very hit and miss when it comes to his choreography, but when he hits, he really hits. His techno hip-hop Swan Lake SP he choreographed for Daisuke is still one of my favourite men's SPs ever, and it was pretty much universally loved.

evangeline

Record Breaker
It seems like Alban is just going from one end of the rink to the other and just jump, jump, jump. I'm not buying this interpretation from him and I don't believe I've seen a single transition in this program.

Classical music and Alban does not go as well together as quirky music and Alban.

lavender

Record Breaker
NM is hit and miss. He did Oda's Chaplin which was nice but then botches Miki's program. However NM is usually not my not choice for any skater. So glad Adam got away.