Ladies - Free Program | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Ladies - Free Program

burntBREAD

Medalist
Not so much surprised at Cynthia's implosion as much as Amelie Lacoste making the podium! Good job! (Though I might have put Imai over her)

Cynthia was almost like Mirai last year at COC

beep_beep

Medalist
Phaneuf has the 2nd highest PCS of the night... (don't know if I agree or disagree with it yet)

Felt sad for her FS, she's so elegant... but we knew the potential for bombing on this one.

And who would have thought Lacoste would be the Canadian girl on the podium?

Scout

Final Flight
Phaneuf had the second lowest TES scores, and the second highest PCS. So sad for her. Happy for the three medalists though!

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
So happy for Alissa, what an elegant skater! And good for Ksenia too.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Amelie Lacoste from Canada.

oh? Is that her first ever GP medal? Good for her.

Happy for Alyssa though- it wasn't perfect, but it can be argued, you don't want it to be at this point. Should be looking to peak at Nats, and hopefully go to worlds again AND NOT TANK.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Czisny's final spin got one GOE 2 - the rest threes. She also URed her 3T, got hammered cause it should've been in combination/sequence, and then lost points for the fall. She lost 4.45 points for that (3.45 + 1 for the fall). She's capable of pushing this into the 120s.

Oh, man, Alissa! How beautiful. Thanks for posting the YouTube link. Glorious spiral position. Do her spins actually gain speed as they go on? Treee-mendous. And she connects with the music so beautifully. Though I'm not enamored of this particular music--a bit too tinkly--she brings out the best in it.

I'm sorry to hear that Cynthia imploded, but I'm so thrilled for Alissa. Yuka is the perfect coach for her for all sorts of reasons, but one that comes to mind right now is that Yuka understands musical interpretation, and she can make the best use of that strength of Alissa's. I hope she continues to grow and progress through the season. She'll never have jumps like YuNa's, but if she can hold to her best jumps, the other elements she brings to skating are extraordinary.

burntBREAD

Medalist
Czisny's final spin got one GOE 2 - the rest threes. She also URed her 3T, got hammered cause it should've been in combination/sequence, and then lost points for the fall. She lost 4.45 points for that (3.45 + 1 for the fall). She's capable of pushing this into the 120s.

Rightfully so, I may add. That was a very, very solid, polished performance

Tigger

Final Flight
OMG!!

Thank you Alissa for the lovely Birthday Present!!

She has been a favourite of mine for years and to see her skate like that...I honestly was wondering if we'd ever see her skate like that again. So, so, so, so thrilled for her and I will be more than happy to sing along w/The Star Spangled Banner in a few minutes. :biggrin:

Sigh...I just wish the hotel/B&B rates weren't so high for Kingston, otherwise I'd be in that arena right now. :(

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
If it happens, I want credit for willing it so!!!!! I've decided to become a fan of her this season for the express purporse of encouraging that.

You got it! I first saw Alyssa when she and her sister were about 8 years old, still skating in Ohio. Even then, you could tell there was something special about her. I'm hoping this latest coaching change will be the fairy godmother waving the Wand of Consistency.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Oh, man, Alissa! How beautiful. Thanks for posting the YouTube link. Glorious spiral position. Do her spins actually gain speed as they go on? Treee-mendous. And she connects with the music so beautifully. Though I'm not enamored of this particular music--a bit too tinkly--she brings out the best in it.

They seem to, don't they. It was noteworthy because Marakova did the same spin right after her a noticeably slowed into the Biellman

burntBREAD, I agree Czisny deserved the all threes. I was just mentioning it cause it's awesome.

emma

Record Breaker
congrats to all the medalists. Czisny's sp and lp are spell binding. It is so nice to see her skate well and with confidence. Mathman must be delighted too!

artsciboy

On the Ice
Very happy for Lacoste. If anything, I hope this competition opens up people's eyes to the fact that Lacoste is a far better overall skater than Phaneuf. Better lines, less jerky/awkward in her movements, better fluidity, and skating skills far above that of Phaneuf's. I'm looking for her to carry Canadian women's skating in Rochette's absence.