How Many Skaters in Jrs and Srs GP are in the Final? | Golden Skate

How Many Skaters in Jrs and Srs GP are in the Final?

I read somewhere that there will be 8 Finalists in Jrs and Srs. Is that true?

It will certainly help the box office as well as getting more sponsors for Unisport and the abridged version of NBC. More americans will be in the Finals.

fairly4

Medalist
if that is so--that might help.
i just thought it was 6 seniors and 8 juniors.
so more seniors will benfit and it matters more if you medal than if you don't-in other words it is easier to get into the senior gpf if there is 8 spots in place of 6.

oleada

Record Breaker
This is not true. 8 in the juniors, 6 in the seniors.

The qualifiers for the juniors have already been decided, in this order:
Ladies: Adelina Sotnikova (RUS), Elizaveta Tuktamysheva (RUS), Risa Shoji (JPN), Polina Shelepen (RUS), Christina Gao (USA), Yasmin Siraj (USA), Kristiene Gong (USA), Kiri Baga (USA)
Men: Andrei Rogozine (CAN), Han Yan (CHN), Joshua Farris (USA), Keegan Messing (USA), Richard Dornbush (USA), Max Aaron (USA), Zhan Bush (RUS), Gordey Gorshkov (RUS)
Pairs: Stolbova/Klimov (RUS), Sui/Han (CHN), Yu/Jin (CHN), Takahashi/Tran (JPN), Purich/Schultz (CAN), Silaeva/Minchuk (RUS), Cain/Reagan (USA), Steele/Schultz (CAN)
Dance: Monko/Khaliavin (RUS), Stepanova/Bukin (RUS), Pushkash/Guerreiro (RUS), Lichtman/Copely (USA), Kosigina/Moroshkin (RUS), Sinitsina/Zhingashin (RUS), Galyeta/Shumski (UKR) and Antipova/Kudashev (RUS)

More info on the standings here: http://www.isu.org/vsite/vnavsite/page/directory/0,10853,4844-151840-169056-nav-list,00.html

(BTW, is it just me, or is it sad that there's only one skater/team from a non USA/RUS/CAN/CHN/JPN country?)

Sylvia

Record Breaker
The ISU reduced the number of JGPs from 8 to 7 starting last season, and there have been only 4 JGPs with pair events since the fall of 2007. This is the last season in which there will be 8 qualifiers to the JGP Final in each of the 4 JGP disciplines - next year, the number of pairs and dance qualifiers to the JGP Final will be cut to 6 though there will still be 7 JGPs (per ISU Communication 1655).

Last edited: