Ladies - LP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ladies - LP

Nadine

Record Breaker
Thanks for that oleada! Yes, now I recall the beautiful 3/2/2/ she did. Her 3S are gorgeous! :)

Just saw Suzuki's dress on IN, it reminds me of a wedding dress, I wonder what she will be skating to?

1 minute remaining in warmup.

oleada

Record Breaker
I think Kristine had a really nice skate it was beautiful despite the jumps issues. She seems to have a lot of potential.

I disagree. She is a lovely skater with a great figure...but not a figure that is in anyway helpful towards landing jumps. She's lost all her jumps thanks to the puberty monster. The only triple she rotated was the 3T.

alexeifan

On the Ice
I think Dobbs is a great skater too, not so sure about this music choice however as Kwan was so legendary with it and then to skate in the same color blue dress maybe not the best idea but she is skating well to the music. Just to hard to measure up to the kwan tho.

Oh and the spiral is in just bout the same timing and some of the same footwork in the same place as kwan.:sheesh:

Last edited:

Shaba22

Final Flight
Amanda Dobbs (USA)

3T
3F (fall, such as in Finlandia)
2A
3S (hand down)
3T-2T-2Lo
3S-2T
2A

Kissx3

Final Flight
Amanda might end up sticking to pairs in the end, what with her solid lower end jumps and not so much going on with the harder tech content.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Joshi from Sweden has one of the best long classic glides into her gorgeous opening 3L! But fell on 2nd one. Good comeback with the nice & high 3R, and did a 3/2/2 combo. (last part of it looked to be UR). And a little shakey on the rest of her jumps. Also, it looked like her 2A was slightly twofooted & possibly UR and then turns in between into 2T. Nice job, nice job. :)

Nadine

Record Breaker
Fall on one triple jump by Leonova from Russia, shakey landings on most, my favorite part is where she pretends to laugh. :D She has such a frenetic quality to her skating that it's hard for me to appreciate the moves that she does because they are over in a blink of an eye & then she's on to something else. :)

Nadine

Record Breaker
Sorry about saying she fell. :( I've decided not to keep track of any jumps, just appreciate the skating from here on in. :)

Leonova goes into 1 st place.

Kissx3

Final Flight
Another pretty cute program from Leonova. I'd really like to see her start nailing the jumps again, even just once, because that was pretty much entirely what made her a contender.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Geng from China is my favorite thus far in terms of overall package, such a heartbreakingly beautiful exquiste skater ~ best flexibility out there which she uses to great advantage in the spirals and also the donut spin, etc. ~ just a gorgeous piece, music, skater, choreography all blended. Only fell on the 3S jump, but gorgeous 3L & 3F to start the program, and near the end she did a FAB 2A/2A combo! :clap: Some shakey landings on jumps, but not much. Also hate the skycam which interferred with my watching her 3/2 combo.

GREAT JOB, GREAT JOB! :)

alexeifan

On the Ice
What a weird program from leonaova with all that laughing and the weird costume felt like I was watching a witch on halloween or something

oleada

Record Breaker
Geng has potential and nice toe jumps, but she is SLOW. She was absolutely crawling. Not much in the way of expression of musicality yet, either.

Miki giving a jumping clinic so far - her jumps look enormous - but she's playing it safe and the program is very empty.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Miki should easily go into 1place, now that's what a senior ladies program should look like imho! :clap: Loved everything about it ~ skater, jumps, music, choreography, dress ~ took her time on each & every element so the viewer could appreciate it. No falls, gorgeous opening 3L/2R combo., halfway through did 3/2/2 combo., had as usual a nice high 3F, etc.

GOOOOOOOOOOO MIKI!!!!!!

Kissx3

Final Flight
Didn't love the program but it was well skated. That will be difficult to beat.