Men - LP | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Men - LP

Nadine

Record Breaker
Into 1st place, well deserved, well deserved!!!! I have a feeling about this kid!!!! Don't want to jinx him so will keep it to myself. ;)

MikiAndoFan#1

Record Breaker
HOLY COW!@!!!! 1st clean performance by a male skater thus far goes to Brandon Mroz of the USA!!!! :clap:

This powerful music really suits his powerful style of jumps & skating.

The opening quad looked so easy for him that I had to see it on replay to make sure it was a quad, lol. :D

Should be a HUGE score!!!!!

:clap:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Lots of posing & strutting by Tomas Verner, but I liked Amodio's better, he was MJ. Still, Tomas's had the audience in full support, biggest applause thus far! :clap:

Should easily go into 1st place due to his PCS. Great job, great job! :)

doubleflutz

On the Ice
The triple axel on his combination was enooooormous. I really liked the footwork, too. But yeah, vs Amodio's version, no contest.

Trewyn

Medalist
Hmm... my isu live results page is saying Mroz is still skating... Either way I have to go; I'll be crossing my finger for Kozuka on the bus! :D

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Hmm... my isu live results page is saying Mroz is still skating... Either way I have to go; I'll be crossing my finger for Kozuka on the bus! :D

it's not working. glad i have this site to keep me updated. scores anyone?

Nadine

Record Breaker
The Ode to Joy part always makes me cry, and audience was clapping along with this music! :)

Easy quad by Brian, but he really does need to work on his interpretation of this magnificent piece of music imho. Also, he had a couple of wonky landings, not sure what the score will be....

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
I'll give Joubert credit for going outside his comfort zone, but that was a mediocre performance, devoid of personality, full of weak jumps and just not very impressive. I hope he improves as the season progresses, but frankly, I'd score him behind Mroz and Verner for that blandness.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
it's not working. glad i have this site to keep me updated. scores anyone?

Verner got 144+ : 68 and change for TES, 75 and change for PCS.

Mroz got 146, with a virtual reversal of TES/PCS.

Joubert got 135+, and is in third. Mroz is guaranteed second, Verner third.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Good performance by Kozuka, little tentative here & there, but only fault was hand down on opening quad jump, should be enough to hold him in 1st place.

And Brandon Mroz finally medals!!!!!! :clap: :clap:

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Kozuka was boring. Couple iffy landings, hand down on the quad. He'll win overall (no popped jumps or anything) but I wouldn't be surprised if Mroz won the long program. Which frankly shocks me. Mroz in second shocks me.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Kozuka was boring. Couple iffy landings, hand down on the quad. He'll win overall (no popped jumps or anything) but I wouldn't be surprised if Mroz won the long program. Which frankly shocks me. Mroz in second shocks me.

Why are you shocked? Mroz just did what Chan has never done - a clean skate

Shaba22

Final Flight
Results:
1 Takahiko KOZUKA (JPN) 233.51
2 Brandon MROZ (USA) 216.80
3 Tomas VERNER (CZE) 214.81
4 Brian JOUBERT (FRA) 210.29
5 Tatsuki MACHIDA (JPN) 200.95
6 Samuel CONTESTI (ITA) 198.84
7 Ross MINER (USA) 197.13
8 Jinlin GUAN (CHN) 196.92