Pairs - LP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Pairs - LP

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yeah, this version of COP sucks! You can totally zamboni the ice with your bum and still win . . . how is that possibly any good for the sport?

beep_beep

Medalist
Pang/Tong, lovely as usual :) I want her to get her jumps back!
Their PCS should fly out the window (but I should be the last person to judge that, since they are one of my favourites...)

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
P/T only 3rd in TES behind S/H and Y/C. Over-scored PCS saved them in every way in this event.

smia

Rinkside
Would someone explain how S/H got such high technical scores with two falls? Since the quad was two-footed, can it be worth so much as to make up for two falls? This looks totally ridiculous.
Not sure I like the pair, well Sui specifically, her style is too juniorish and messy. Maybe she'll get better in the future...

Last edited:

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^ I dunno, but one thing's for sure, China is getting a free pass from the wrath that Canada suffered just last week, though I'm not quite sure why that is. ;)

Shaba22

Final Flight
Results:
1 Qing PANG / Jian TONG (CHN) 177.50
2 Wenjing SUI / Cong HAN (CHN) 171.47
3 Caitlin YANKOWSKAS / John COUGHLIN (USA) 166.72
4 Lubov ILIUSHECHKINA / Nodari MAISURADZE (RUS) 162.09
5 Amanda EVORA / Mark LADWIG (USA) 151.66
6 Nicole DELLA MONICA / Yannick KOCON (ITA) 145.21
7 Huibo DONG / Yiming WU (CHN) 123.93
8 Kaleigh HOLE / Adam JOHNSON (CAN) 115.15

gmyers

Record Breaker
I don't really get why I/M were treated like garbage here. Maybe because of Sui/Han?

Last edited:

UnChosen

On the Ice
Would someone explain how S/H got such high technical scores with two falls? Since the quad was two-footed, can it be worth so much as to make up for two falls? This looks totally ridiculous.
Not sure I like the pair, well Sui specifically, her style is too juniorish and messy. Maybe she'll get better in the future...

Protocol is out. And the answer is...stacking difficult elements after half way point. S/H and P/T both have 5 Jump/Lift elements after half way point while the I/M and Y/C has three. Also they have higher level lifts / Twist Lift / Death Spiral as well as the only team to do a throw quad 4S and 3F.

The PCS on the other hand is definitely too high since they fell on 2 jumps....massively distracting and threw their timing off for the remainder of the performance. The program also don't fit them nearly as well as the SP did. I would have them in 3rd place behind Y/C.

P/T's performance is beautiful but geez what happened to the SBS jumps? o_O

Last edited:

jan

On the Ice

I think this is a very exciting team. Very expressive and they take a lot of risks!!!