Where is Yukari Nakano? | Golden Skate

Where is Yukari Nakano?

Jasper

Final Flight
What's going on with Nakano these days? I didn't see her signed up for this season's GP circuit. Has she moved away from amateur to pro skating?

I hope not- she's truly one of the classiest in the field and I still feel she has many more medals within her. One of the best spinners in the world, her positions are always flawless. It's a shame she hasn't even been on the World stage since 2008 when she stole the show in the LP but was robbed of a medal.

burntBREAD

Medalist
What's going on with Nakano these days? I didn't see her signed up for this season's GP circuit. Has she moved away from amateur to pro skating?

I hope not- she's truly one of the classiest in the field and I still feel she has many more medals within her. One of the best spinners in the world, her positions are always flawless. It's a shame she hasn't even been on the World stage since 2008 when she stole the show in the LP but was robbed of a medal.

She retired after not making the Olympics team due to a shoulder injury :cry:

Jasper

Final Flight
She retired after not making the Olympics team due to a shoulder injury :cry:

That's a shame. I hope she continues on in the skating world in some capacity. Her spins and skating skills are too gorgeous for her to hang up the boots so young.

herios

Medalist
That's a shame. I hope she continues on in the skating world in some capacity. Her spins and skating skills are too gorgeous for her to hang up the boots so young.

No, you won't see her. She moved on to a new career.It was posted here.

Morning Glory

On the Ice
So sad Yukari said good-bye to the skating world. I hope to see her in the ice shows again, but she will not ...