Free Dance Preview and Virtual Program Sun. Nov. 14 , 2:00 PM EST | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Free Dance Preview and Virtual Program Sun. Nov. 14 , 2:00 PM EST

Tigger

Final Flight
I seriously think that, even if Virtue/Moir were not going there, this FD will not give the World Gold for Davis/White.

I found the whole concept faulty. They don't have chemistry, excitement, a play of flirting behind the virtual fight as any couple who dance a tango should.
They gets bored and the audience get bored too.
It is just simply an attraction.
You cannot see them to want to go together after the dance, the only thing they want to each other is to win. The feeling is not there.
I feel sorry of them, because this couple worth a much better program to show their technique and ability to perform. This "inner dance" is not their coup of tee.
They are not intimidated dancers together, they are simply gorgeous show dancers.

I hope they are going back to Samson and Delilah. That program worths a gold medal, they should get in 2009. It is time to get it now!!

ITA w/all of this. It's such a shame, as they're so much better than what they've been given the last two years, but it's like they got S&D and were on the right track there and after that...To me it's been nothing but a regression of sorts in the FD. They don't do lovey dovey well, but powerful and passionate like S&D is what they need. Would have though Marina and Igor would have figured that out by now.

What a shame too.

Apple Pi

Rinkside
But there is power and passion of sorts in a tango too. It'll utilize that strength of theirs while helping them work on almost all their other weaknesses.

And I'm tired of this misconception that D/W can't do soft programs. My favorite part in almost all of their FDs has been the soft part - the beautiful, slow, balletic parts of Polovetsian, the dreamy, fluid middle part of Eleanor Rigby, the light first half of Samson & Delilah, the middle part of POTO, and let's not forget their Beyond the Sea exhibition. Their power shines through naturally, it doesn't need to be emphasized.

How about people wait until they've got their program down before declaring they're doomed?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
But there is power and passion of sorts in a tango too. It'll utilize that strength of theirs while helping them work on almost all their other weaknesses.

And I'm tired of this misconception that D/W can't do soft programs. My favorite part in almost all of their FDs has been the soft part - the beautiful, slow, balletic parts of Polovetsian, the dreamy, fluid middle part of Eleanor Rigby, the light first half of Samson & Delilah, the middle part of POTO, and let's not forget their Beyond the Sea exhibition. Their power shines through naturally, it doesn't need to be emphasized.

How about people wait until they've got their program down before declaring they're doomed?

Yep agree. I personally think this program has potential. Also, what's the point of competing if you don't do something that is challenging and moves you up a new level. What's the point of victory if you get there the same way? It gets old after a while...

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Yes, I agree with this. I am definitely not declaring doom and gloom. For one thing, I like their SD very much, particularly the way they get the waltz lilt into the midline step (NHK's is the better version), and their GW at SA. In fact if you put those 2 parts together, it's an excellent SD, and I expect to see that by the GPF, provided their nerves don't get them.

I don't think that in 3 weeks since NHK you can learn everything there is to know about tango that you missed when you were young. I think this SA version is going to work better than the NHK version, for one thing. And I am very pleased to see Charlie actually to be moving his head and neck around appropriately to show the emotions he's trying to show. This is new to him; give him a while for it to become really convincing. I am not a particular fan of tangos-however, there are some very interesting holds in that dance, something else that they haven't been doing the last couple years, either. In fact, it is amazing that they can maintain their speed through something that intricate, and I am not amazed that they are not foot perfect yet.

colleen o'neill

Medalist
:)I stayed up half the night to see this on my TV instead of my much smaller computer screen and I do feel somewhat reassured. Charlie's head is getting better.
I don't think the cameras were in the best position to give the best view of many of their lifts etc. But ,oddly, the part where they fell really flipped me back to the Pro side on this dance, because I thought I detected a bit of a Milonga flavour to their movements just before they went down..if that's what they're aiming for, Charlie would be very suited to it..Hope springs anew.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Yes, that's what I thought, too.

I do love that they keep recognizing, and working on things that they have been criticized about (when it isn't just one obviously crazy fan talking about it).

It's when you listen to criticism, analyze whether it's justified, and then if it is, work on the problem (all without taking on too much change in any one year) that you can take a good team, and make it a great team.

And I love to see that! I love to see huge improvements in a team. This year, Zhiganshina and Gaszi amazed me, for example, in the Senior B tournaments. I hope they make it to Worlds.