Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
3A, 3F+3T, 3Lz

Last edited:

Nadine

Record Breaker
I like this Storm music of Nobunari's, it suits him. :) But other than the jumps there isn't much going on. I would have Rippon ahead of him on PCS. Jmho.

Overall I guess I was expecting more from the men. I'm hoping tomorrow night's FS will be a blast, especially since I will be there watching it live. :)

Nadine

Record Breaker
Omg, what a surprise! (8^O I can't believe Oda is ahead of Takahashi. Not on my score card, but there's still the FS to go! :)

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Men's SP Results:

1 Nobunari ODA JPN 79.28
2 Daisuke TAKAHASHI JPN 78.12
3 Adam RIPPON USA 73.94
4 Armin MAHBANOOZADEH USA 67.61
5 Daisuke MURAKAMI JPN 67.01
6 Denis TEN KAZ 64.50
7 Adrian SCHULTHEISS SWE 63.71
8 Kevin VAN DER PERREN BEL 62.22
9 Nan SONG CHN 62.21
10 Stephen CARRIERE USA 59.14
11 Shawn SAWYER CAN 56.94
12 Viktor PFEIFER AUT 55.01

Last edited:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Thank, Siberia82, I will be sure to do a write-up/review when I get back on Sunday night. :)

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I will be sure to do a write-up/review when I get back on Sunday night. :)
Great! You may pick up details that we can't since the competition is so much more vibrant in person than watching it on a 2-dimensional screen.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Biggest applause fromt the audience for Daisuke Takahashi! :clap:

Some problems on the jumps, but his PCS should hold him up overall. He's like Ricky Ricardo on skates. Just a natural performer. :)

He reminds me of Ricky Ricardo too. Dai's skating needs no splaining.

Not his best by far but I don't care...I love Takahashi. Such a performer and his edges make me melt.

Agreed!

evangeline

Record Breaker
Are you sure it matters in this scoring system? Evan's emoting was good enough to win the OGM. I really don;t see Rippon's artistry as a thing to knock - not after just watching kevin......

Well, "angst" in the form of head-grabbing and stroking one's face was also good enough to win quite a few medals under 6.0 as well, so....yeah.

As for my comments on Rippon, I like his skating but I see no point in sugarcoating things he could work on.

waxel

Final Flight
Miserable competition. Consistently inferior music (Jalousie by Takahashi .. really??? Puh -leeze). Uninspired choreography. Wobbly landings. Manufactured excitement. Ho hum. Pass me the nail file.

Do not want to hear any more about Oda's baby.

Watched live on IN ... and have never missed a FF button more.

No one's a bigger fan than me ... and no wonder we're in the toilet. This just isn't good enough.

It wasn't terrible enough to be fun-bad. And it wasn't bad-bad. It was just ... nothing.

I mean this for Men's and Pairs ... what a ZERO Skate America this is.

I have subscriptions to IN and universalsports.com. US is the worst. It's not even giving me a SA option.

Okay, enough with the bitter, I'll go have some wine and stop whining.

colleen o'neill

Medalist
That seemed well judged to me..I love the skating of all three of the medalists , but it was Nobu's night ( so great to see that smile in the KnC again ) ..and good for Armin . Love Shawn sawyer's skating , but I don't think his new philosophy is working out for him..

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Dai did not bare his chest. He wore some kind of nude undershirt. So modest, that Dai. :biggrin:

Nobunari should score higher than 80, what's going on. His PCS was 3 points lower, but his technical should be about 5 points higher. Look at those jumps. They should get +2 or +3 across the board.

Adam should be a bit less. Almost 74 for that program? He's not very fast and his presentation is ZZZZZZZZ. Forced artistry.

seniorita

Record Breaker
Hmm, forced artistry is the one thing I just said also to a friend of mine about what I cant stand in Rippon. Plus the tano lutz that now I m bored of it, it should have been special, not doing it always in any program any choreo! I dont like this sp for that reason, and the costume as well. It misses the Cupid’s arrow to be complete.

Bravo to Oda, his jumps were amazing, he gets so much height and speed out it is unreal. Takahashi, what can I say, nevermind the jumps mistakes, they look huge and he is a living spectacle, I like his world champion attitude on ice this year, he has no match.

sillylionlove

Medalist
I wonder why Adrian is all alone in the kiss & cry?

According to a post be Adrian a little while ago on facebook...he said that his coach never showed up at the competition and they didn't know where he was and they found him after the competition and now he is in the hospital. Not sure what's going on but Adrian apologized to all his fans for acting weird and not skating his best. Sure hope everything is ok!