Men - Short Program | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Men - Short Program

No one moved me except for Mahbanoozadah. He was a surprise. The two Japanese really come down to a ho hum pick your choice (JMO). While I discovered Adam way back in a MidAtlantics and thought he would become a top skater, well he did, but I haven't seen any signature style from him in the past three years. The entire Men's comp was nothing to rave about.

I get the feeling that the candidates for the Finals will be based on Ties.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I was unimpressed by Armin's SP and was quite surprised at his TES. I will have to give his SP a second look.
I thought Adam looked a little tight last night. IMO he skated much better at SC.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Fell asleep before the second group and haven't caught Adam on youtube yet. Oda and Takahashi were clearly the best (of what I saw). Liked Armin too.

euroskate

Final Flight
According to a post be Adrian a little while ago on facebook...he said that his coach never showed up at the competition and they didn't know where he was and they found him after the competition and now he is in the hospital. Not sure what's going on but Adrian apologized to all his fans for acting weird and not skating his best. Sure hope everything is ok!

ohh now that is kind of a story! I hope his coach is going to be fine!
Still I liked adrias short. it is something different - he has his own style and i like it. the body snake transition was really coll

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
According to a post be Adrian a little while ago on facebook...he said that his coach never showed up at the competition and they didn't know where he was and they found him after the competition and now he is in the hospital. Not sure what's going on but Adrian apologized to all his fans for acting weird and not skating his best.
Thanks for the update. That's a worrying situation which could distract any skater. I sincerely hope his coach is okay now.

euroskate

Final Flight
just watched the japanese. just awsome. the skating skills for both sould be 10. i mean what more can you expect? The speed and flow is awsom and also their edges.
judging is just fine.
i really enjoyed daiskues program component wise, but odas jumps were just perfect perfect. this is perfectly reflected in the TES and PCS of those two skaters

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I quite liked Daisuke Murakami, the Japanese skater who skated in the first group to Bach's Toccata & Fugue as performed by Vanessa Mae.

smia

Rinkside
Oda and Takahashi were the class of the field. Rippon needs to work on his speed and power.
Armin Mahbanoozadeh was a wonderful surprise.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I really liked Carriere. I know his whole routine was a little corny but he really sold that program for all it was worth and for me it was quite enjoyable.

lavender

Record Breaker
Awwww poor Adrian. Hope he's okay.

Not surprise by Oda's scores since he's kind of flat in his performance imo. He did the jumps and they were amazing but that was about it for me. I enjoyed Dai so much more even with the mistakes.

If Dai didn't have those 2 mistakes he would have been again like 10 points.:laugh:

Last edited:

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Ugh.. Shawn.. I'm so sad!! I hope he can move up in the free.

CBC only showed Daisuke M, Shawn, Armin, Daisuke T, Nobu, and Adam. Actually, taht is quite a few skaters when I list them. I think Armin was the highlight for me. The other guys were good, but that's par for the course with them.

oakl0008

Rinkside
I am almost too sad to watch the long program after Shawn Sawyer's 11th place sp. :(

Why Shawn? Why?

BTW thanks Siberia82 for alerting me to the Skatebuzz feed! I would have missed it. Is there any other feed available for the mens long program that has better quality? Maybe the Russian feed??

Last edited:

herios

Medalist
I am almost too sad to watch the long program after Shawn Sawyer's 11th place sp. :(

Why Shawn? Why?

Because he pulled back on the second and third jump without a reason, after falling on the UR axel. he was in perfect position after landing the flip to put a 3t behind, but he opned it into a 2t and then he went for a lousy 2 lutz. Just pitty, how much he gave up on TES.

herios

Medalist
If Daisuke had Oda's jumps, they'd probably just have to end the sport because no one would top that combination.

I watched this afternoon on CBC and in studio was Lori Nichol beside Kurt Browning. The way she praised Dai`s dancing abiility I find it very genuine and classy, when it comes from Dai`s main rival`s coach. Even his rival camps love Daisuke. That spoeaks volumes.
Lori said, all the skaters, after learn how to jump, should start taking dancing lessons....

hongligl

Final Flight
ouch for Dennis Ten. that must be a record of falls, 5. I guess figure skaters can do anything in the worlld. Finish what they started no matter how hard it is. Did Oda miscounted his combination again?