Ladies - Short Program | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Ladies - Short Program

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
yes, in error. I think that her second jump might have been URed or DG'ed though.

Also, I think Skate America really has no hometown bonus to speak of, because the scores the American ladies/pairs got with quite low.

burntBREAD

Medalist
yes, in error. I think that her second jump might have been URed or DG'ed though.

Also, I think Skate America really has no hometown bonus to speak of, because the scores the American ladies/pairs got with quite low.

Yes, Rachael and Caroline especially got NO PCS boost whatsoever- I think Caroline's PCS were actually lower than NHK. :O

herios

Medalist
This was a pathetic event altogether. To have the winner doing a 3t-2t combo is simply laughable. Women skating is sinking in a rapid fashion. Yu Na come back to the rescue, please!!!

burntBREAD

Medalist
This was a pathetic event altogether. To have the winner doing a 3t-2t combo is simply laughable. Women skating is sinking in a rapid fashion. Yu Na come back to the rescue, please!!!

Well, you certainly can't expect everyone to perform at the level of the best one out there!:laugh:

And did you see NHK?! :unsure: I think that one was worse...this one was destined to not be that great (Seeds were Lepisto and Kostner)

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Why? She skates like through molasses. Very , very heavy

I totally agree. I felt Zhang was overscored, but it is Skate America after all. :rolleye: I would have had her below both Amelie and Mae if I were judging. It just really annoys me when a skater lacks speed and power to the degree that Caroline does. Her skating seems small and contained. She's not skating big and reaching out to the public with her skating.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Apparently she looked faster here, and her combo/spins were better than NHK

3f-2t was nice
3lo was a struggle, landing was shaky with arms a bit wild and it might have been UR
2a was from a complete standstill and covered no ice
Maybe she was a little faster but to me she still seemed painfully slow
Layback spin was gorgeous, other spins were slow and nothing special. Her camel catchfoot position was not pretty.

I thought her score was fair and actually thought it could have been a little lower, maybe close to Mae's. I'm just impressed she can still land her jumps after such a dramatic physical transformation.

Scout

Final Flight
It was a weak field, but not everyone skated up top their potential. Don't judge women's skating based on one weak field, especially in the year after the Olympics. Give some of the younger skaters time to grow.