Predictions - yes, I like to start early | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Predictions - yes, I like to start early

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Two bronzes most likely won't get Verner in the final though will it? :/
Probably not, although we still have to wait see how the other guys do (there may be a couple of unexpected results, you never know). As a fan of Tomas's skating, I consider it to be more important that he finds consistency this season rather than how he places at a competition.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Probably not, although we still have to wait see how the other guys do (there may be a couple of unexpected results, you never know). As a fan of Tomas's skating, I consider it to be more important that he finds consistency this season rather than how he places at a competition.

I still think he might be able to beat Abbott here if he skates well.

berrycute

On the Ice
My predictions, a mix of actual attempted forecasting and subjective wishing...

PAIRS

1) KAVAGUTI/SMIRNOV - Unless they are still not over the injuries, they aren't really challenged in this field.
2) GERBOLDT/ENBERT - Maybe I'm crazy with this one, as they are a brand new team, but Moskvina is at the helm and Gerboldt is one of the most beautiful women on the ice, which totally counts for scoring. I see her becoming the new Elena Berezhnaya.
3) EVORA/LADWIG - I see them improving on their last outing and taking advantage of a weaker field. I see the Russian audience responding more to their style than Takahashi and Tran's.

DANCE

1) FAIELLA/SCALI - I know they haven't been all that impressive this GP season, but I think they'll make a come-back here, of sorts.
2) BOBROVA/SOLOVIEV - Solidifying their claim to being Russia's new top team.
3) ILLINYKH/KATSALOPOV - She has diva-star quality written all over her. She could propell this team to a podium finish with nothing more than her sassy attitude.

MEN

1) PATRICK CHAN - Obviously the judges like him.
2) JEREMY ABBOTT - Hopefully growing in confidence this season.
3) TOMAS VERNER - I can't imagine anyone else medalling, but never say never.

LADIES

1) MIKI ANDO - Is she considered semi-Russian now? She lives in Moscow, speaks Russian and is likely destined to be Mrs Morozov number 4. If she lands at least a few jumps, she wins, anyway.
2) AKIKO SUZUKI - I'll bet she misses her SP but comes back strong in the LP. Qualifies for her second straight GPF. Impossible not to love her.
3) ALENA LEONOVA - I, and most people I know/read, prefer Ksenia. But Alena beat her in Finland a few weeks back. Plus she's totally rocking the Slutskaya choreography and embarassing hair/costumes, which Russians may find more comfortably familiar than Ksenia's American-y blond ponytail.

herios

Medalist
B/S overscored? Why would that change with home ice advantage?

Bobrova and Soloviev are not that good just yet. I am not expecting them to not score well, but I am expecting the italians to get their act together and that will be enough to win.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Abbott
Chan
Verner

Ando
Suzuki
Makarova

Kawaguti & Smirnov
Ewora & Ladwig