Men - Long Program | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Men - Long Program

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
UGH, Oda is the champion for me! This is such a stupid rule! You get penalized for doing too much! This is a sport for crying out loud! This is what's wrong with COP! He should have won the World bronze medal in 2006 too! Sigh, I feel for Nobu. :cry: *sending huggies to him*:love:

It's really not a stupid rule. Or it's no more stupid than the Zayak rule.

FTnoona

Final Flight
UGH, Oda is the champion for me! This is such a stupid rule! You get penalized for doing too much! This is a sport for crying out loud! This is what's wrong with COP! He should have won the World bronze medal in 2006 too! Sigh, I feel for Nobu. :cry: *sending huggies to him*:love:

Sigh...I'm soo sad that he keeps doing to many combos too :( But like in any other sport you have to play by the rules...

artsciboy

On the Ice
So frustrating that Nobunari constantly makes these stupid rule-breaking mistakes. To me, he was the best jumper and spinner out there tonight.

I've always thought that Daisuke has been overmarked. He has great presence and is a fantastic dancer on the ice, but his spins and jumps are often very poor in quality, so I just don't get the love that he gets.

janetfan

Match Penalty
After being robbed blind at SC Oda gives this title away to Dai.
Wonder what he will come up with at the GPF. Nobu always finds ways to surprise us.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, if you ask me, it's not fair that Daisuke makes major mistakes on 2 of his jumping elements in the SP and makes even more mistakes in the LP, and still is rescued from the judges due to overscored PCS. He shouldn't have been so close to a clean Nobu after the SP IMO. A clean Nobu only 1 point ahead of a 2 mistake Daisuke in the SP is not fair to me. :scowl:

evangeline

Record Breaker
So frustrating that Nobunari constantly makes these stupid rule-breaking mistakes. To me, he was the best jumper and spinner out there tonight.

I've always thought that Daisuke has been overmarked. He has great presence and is a fantastic dancer on the ice, but his spins and jumps are often very poor in quality, so I just don't get the love that he gets.

Daisuke may not have the spins of a Lambiel or the jumps of a Kulik, but I think describing them as "often very poor in quality" is rather an over-exaggeration, no?

Besides, what gave Daisuke his gold tonight were his high PCS (you may argue that they are too high, but he deserved to win on PCS) and Nobunari's stupid extra combo, not his TES.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Congratulations to Takahashi and Oda! Congrats to Armin! Wow, Oda will probably never learn from it. It's sad that he keeps giving away what should have been his in this way. Never thought that Rippon won't medal. Maybe the pressure of being a favorite has gotten into him.

herios

Medalist
Congratulations to Takahashi and Oda! Congrats to Armin! Wow, Oda will probably never learn from it. It's sad that he keeps giving away what should have been his in this way. Never thought that Rippon won't medal. Maybe the pressure of being a favorite has gotten into him.

Yes, now that you say this i just remembered what Adam said today on CBC in his interview after his SP.

That he is very confident on his 3axel, as it goes well in practice and his error in the Sp was nothing serious and he is very honoured to skate on home soil being the top US seed man``....hm

jnoble82

Rinkside
I do have to agree. Adam was the main reason I watched Skate America Live (I can normally do with watching them later. That and usually the time difference though I am going to try and catch Jeremy in Russia) but he psyched himself out I think. Armin did a fantastic job but he didn't 'screw' Adam out of anything. They are both young and hopefully they will kill at Nationals!

herios

Medalist
As far as Armin goes, he was proud of his Nebelhorn 4th place this year, saying that was his best skate in his career, I am wondering whst he will say now???

artsciboy

On the Ice
Daisuke may not have the spins of a Lambiel or the jumps of a Kulik, but I think describing them as "often very poor in quality" is rather an over-exaggeration, no?

Besides, what gave Daisuke his gold tonight were his high PCS (you may argue that they are too high, but he deserved to win on PCS) and Nobunari's stupid extra combo, not his TES.

I don't disagree that Daisuke should have the highest PCS of the evening, necessarily. But I do think they're too high. Daisuke has great energy, but he's just sloppy at times. He's an artist, but he's not a technician. I stand by the fact that his jumps just don't have the flow that others have - look how quickly he has to step out of his combinations. His spin positions are fairly middle of the road IMO as well. Given his huge technicial deficiencies - and despite his fantastic presentation skills - I just have a hard time standing behind his wins.