Ladies Free Skate | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Ladies Free Skate

This was my first time seeing Kanako. She wasn't at her best, but I can see what the fuss is all about. She looks a bit like Yukari Nakano, both in face and in quality of skating.

By the way, I like Rachael's new short hairstyle. The long hair always made her look a bit matronly. This makes her look free and unfussy.

Well, there are the results of Kanako. She beats Rachael because of her margin from the short. And here's Kostner.

This is one of those CoP moments when inexperienced viewers who just watch the long program won't have a clue why the winner is the winner.

Trewyn

Medalist
I haven't seen Kanako yet, but the comments here made instantly remember how someone predicted a win by Kanako based on the who the technical caller was... Hmm... Makes you think, these things do.

I really enjoyed Joshi! It is in my character to like anyone with a cute name as 'Joshi' but I infinitely prefer her skating to Rachael's. Joshi's style is fresh and energetic. Rachael is so boring, heavy and recycled. Don't understand why Joshi is so far down the rankings.. though I understand she came in second to Rachael. Rachael fairly beat Joshi on TES.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Oh dear lord. Y'all have some serious EXPLAINING to do here!! Unbelievable.

kiz_4Ever

On the Ice
Compliments to Kanako!!! 2nd gran prix, 1st victory!!!
compliments to rachel also, she was my favourite this evening!!!
Sad for Kostner, but the TES was really low, she didn't do any combo and was overall not so convincing as yesterday! I hope she makes the gp final!!!

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
The "Slaughter on 10th Avenue" curse continues. You are NOT allowed to win a figure skating competition with this music. :laugh:

janetfan

Match Penalty
Kanako not skating her best wins! I think Kanako got the biggest reaction from the crowd at both programs as well. So many empty seats when the camera scanned the crowd......:disapp:

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
Sad for Kostner, but the TES was really low, she didn't do any combo and was overall not so convincing as yesterday! I hope she makes the gp final!!!

Actually, Carolina is ahead of Rachael for the Final. By GP arithmetic, ( 1 + 3 ) > ( 2 + 2 ) .
( Whether it SHOULD be that way is another debate. )