Were Bourne and Kraatz robbed of a medal in 98? | Golden Skate

Were Bourne and Kraatz robbed of a medal in 98?

L

Lcp88

Were Bourne and Kraatz robbed of a medal in 98?

Do you think Bourne and Kraatz should have won a medal in the contraversial 1998 Olympic Ice Dance comp.?

S

sk8ing lady2001

Re: Were Bourne and Kraatz robbed of a medal in 98?

I think so. :)

L

LADSKATER

B& K have been "robbed" several times; but, I admire their staying power. Maybe, one day the judges will like what they see from this talented ice dance team and reward them accordingly. It's been a long journey for Shae and Vic and I have enjoyed watching them every moment.

Ladskater

L

Lcp88

ITA with you, Ladskater. They are my all-time favorite dance team, and if i could have some how gotton my way they would have been 4 time world champions right now.(1994,1995,1998,2002). I will most-likely bury myself somewhere and not come out till naomi and peter step up if they don't win this year.
Laura

"I think this was the best skate we've ever done. At the last mineut, we just let it go. You always have to believe the chance is there. We skated with our hearts tonight."
-Shae-Lynn Bourne

L

lilicedancer

IMO, I think they deserved their placement in '98.

C

CoCoNuTsiopatHic

I don't think Anissina and Peizerat's FD had enough difficulty--they didn't do enough footwork and what not. Sure, she lifted him up a couple times, but la-dee-friggin'-da. Bourne and Kraatz really pushed the envelope with footwork, and their best performance of their FD came at the Olympics (as did Punsalan and Swallow--why they even bothered with that Elvis junk is beyond me).

I did love A and P's theatricality--very artistic. It was close, but I think B and K should have won bronze.

Craig

I

icenut84

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Bourne and Kraatz really pushed the envelope with footwork, and their best performance of their FD came at the Olympics[/quote]

You think so? I think their Worlds performance was much better

R

RealtorGal

<span style="color:teal;font-family:georgia;font-size:small;">I really love this team, thought in '98 they should have won bronze. Thought in '02, since they both fell on their butts, they did not deserve to medal. (But neither did Babs & Gags, but that's another story.)</span>

B

Bleuchick

It is all in the eye of the beholder. I will not say that they were robbed or not robbed in 1998 because I did not watch this competition. Unfortunately for me, I came late into that olympics. All that I remember was seeing the reowned Yuri Balkov tapping his toe and wondering what is going on in skating. Right after that, I took stopped watching skating until 2001.

As far as B&K are concerned, I think it does not matter if they were robbed or not robbed. What matters is that they continued to do their *own thang* thereafter.

You gotta praise those skaters who keep their individuality when everyone else is doing the same thing because they make skating more interesting. It is already interesting but they spice it up.