Favorite Progams of the Season thus far | Golden Skate

Favorite Progams of the Season thus far

koheikun90

On the Ice
It is half way through the grand prix circuit and the jr grand prix is already completed. We seen almost everyone so far so what's your favorite programs this year?

To be honest, my favorite program so far is Risa Shoji's long program. It's fresh and very sophisticated for a 14 year old skater. I love the music, too. I don't know anyone else who's skated to it in the past. Check it out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVvxZ3bdmc4

ana

On the Ice
Carolina Kostner SP, Alissa Czisny LP, Adam Rippon SP, FP and Tomas Verner FP.

treeloving

Medalist
For men: Nobunari Oda (his sp is very Ninja like and his LP is so classic, leaving Morozov is really good choice!)
For lady: Risa Shoji (love love love her long program)

Last edited:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
oddly there are just not that many great programs this year. I have to say Christina Gao's SP is a favorite, Aliona and Robin's SP and Dai's SP are my favs. Abbott's freeskate is perfct for him...still waiting for a clean performance though. Davis and White's and the Shibanutis have the best dance programs easily.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
To me, the runaway great programs are Kavaguti/Smirnov's LP and Crone/Poirier's FD. Nothing else really comes close.

centerpt1

On the Ice
Shibutani's Free Dance

Alissa's LP, and her exhibition program

Abbott's LP suits him, but I'm not sure it's a World podium program.

Antilles

Medalist
D&W FD. I also quite enjoy C&P's FD, even though it's regularly panned here, and P&B's Chaplin FD. I like Takahashi's SP. I like Csizny's FD, and both programs of S&S in pairs.

silver.blades

Medalist
Country
Canada
In the dances, no one excite me. Davis/White should work on interpretation and aristiry, their weak areas as the judges have indicated throughout their career, but instead they go to work on the technical details again. If they cannot put interpretation and artistic intent in choreography, what's the use the impact of choreography ? Crone/Poirier look like more "junior" with the advanced senior teams who compete with them and they are not a strong a pair as either of them. They are like look their teammates, Weaver/Poje. For this year it seem Crone/Poirier have trouble investing to the maximum to give the choregoraphy its intended Dean effect. It is skated through but does not reach into me like it should. It seems all the ice dancers are lackluster this season

I think that D/W's FD is perfect for them to improve their artisty and connection. A tango requires strong commitment and interpretation, but because it is highly technical it allows them to work on their weaknesses while still highlighting their strengths. I love C/P FD, but their performance of it seems to get more lackluster every time out.