Ladies - Long Program | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Ladies - Long Program

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What happened to the Agnes we saw last year who was skating clean program after clean program?

She's in the senior ranks now! A senior skater is expected to skate faster and the long program duration is longer than in the junior ranks. Maybe she's intimidated. It's a tougher challenge skating with the big girls.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Looks like that FS allowed Wagner to eke out a podium finish. Zawadzki helped her, though, by bombing.

lavender

Record Breaker
So... Who won this? Akiko or Miki? I couldn't tell from the feed..

Just watched Ashley on the better feed; I really hate Malaguena for her. It makes her look crazy slow. But yay for the solid 2A-3T!

I thought it was just me but I don't like Malaguena for her either or maybe it's just the choreography.

flesymtuobayzarc

Rinkside
So Akiko's second and her PCS are 3 points higher than Miki's. I'm very happy with how the things turned out. Especially happy with Ashley's medal.

janetfan

Match Penalty
I like Akiko - but this Lp does not compare to last season IMO.
Fortunately she is getting the pcs she earns on the ice.

Brave Miki today - and her solid but robotic skating carried the day.

flesymtuobayzarc

Rinkside
Akiko's 3S was underrotated. Ashley's 3F and 3Lz were underrotated. Both Ashley and Akiko got e on their (f)lutzes.

Miki did not get a single negative GOE from any of the judges :).

krenseby

Final Flight
Two 2nd place finishes, so she's behind Miki, Carolina, and Kanako.
She beats Rachael on points, so I would certainly think so. Yay!

Now that raises the question if Rachel gets to go or is she's going to get pushed out by someone else.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Akiko is guaranteed a spot in the GPF. As are Miki Ando, Kakano, Rachel Flatt, and Carolina Koster.

The last spot is between Czisny, Nagasu, and Phaneuf at TEB. Czisny will likely get it.

MasterB

Final Flight
This is confusing the crap out of me.

1. Miki wins with only 5 triples.
2. Akiko lands 6 triples as well but, for whatever reason doesn't win.
3. Wagner finally stops two footing and hits 6 triples

I agree these three girls should be on the podium but not in this order. I thought that unless you were Yuna you couldn't get 120 in the FS with only 5 triples. Other than Mao I know of no other lady who can do that.