Men's Free Program: 6:45 AM Eastern | Golden Skate

Men's Free Program: 6:45 AM Eastern

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Will Chan keep his place? Will Abbott rise to the occasion? Which Verner will show up? Can Gachinski claw his way to the podium? Will there be massive hyperbole when Chan is "overscored", with accusations of international conspiracies and malevolent forces taking over the sport so many love? Can Fernandez put Spain on the figure skating map? Can Preaubert give a performance that suggest to his federation to pretty please consider him for Worlds/Euros? Can Hanyu breakthrough the Japanese deadlock?

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I think Chan will keep his place, barring a major meltdown. Will he actually deserve it? That remains to be seen. I think he's going to have to fall on ALL his jumps to fall down in the standings.

Hopefully the Tigger Verner and not the Eeyore shows up. Judging from his relaxed consistency today, I'm starting to think maybe he'll bring his good self, but then again when someone's inconsistent, performance from one day does not accurately predict performance on the next.

Preaubert is awesome. I really wish France had more spots so he could be sent to Worlds more often. Wasn't the last time he was there like 06 or 07? I don't really get the title of his SP music though, 'Turtle Shoes.' The program doesn't seem turtle-themed. I'm gonna have to google taht.

Layfan

Record Breaker
Yeah, it's pretty hard not to predict that Chan will win. The judges seem to love his skating so much. It's clear he can get away with a mistake or two while for Jeremy there seems to be no leeway. Mistakes cost him a lot and he does tend to make them.

Watching the two of them skate back to back this time, I have to say in all honesty that Chan seemed the superior, smoother, sharper, clearer skater of the two. I didn't see that last year - I thought they were about the same and I didn't get why Jeremy didn't the breaks that Patrick did.

Even so, I certainly hope Patrick doesn't win with a splatfest. And I most definitely hope Jeremy rises to the occasion and puts the heat on Chan. Gooooo Jeremy!!!

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
I think Chan will keep his place, barring a major meltdown. Will he actually deserve it? That remains to be seen. I think he's going to have to fall on ALL his jumps to fall down in the standings.

Dont be so silly. Chan would not lose 1st place simply by falling on all his jumps. Maybe if Takahashi were in the event he would be required to land 2 of his 8 triples and only have 6 falls. As it is he will be permited to fall on all 8 jump passes, and 3 of his spin and footwork passes and still emerge victorious. Only if he falls on atleast 12 elements will he lose.

Layfan

Record Breaker
Sigh. Let's just hope Chan skates clean. The discussion may be more interesting then.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Has Chan ever skated clean in a LP? I think it's rather unlikely with his 3A troubles.....

Very true, and it is not like he has any incentive to skate a clean program. He probably will go into every competition from now until 2014 just wanting to make sure he lands 3 or 4 of his 8 jumping passes clean to ensure a runaway win.

FTnoona

Final Flight
hehehe :D
I'm just really excited to see Yuzuru skate. I hope he'll keep getting better and make the GPF next year?

sigrid

On the Ice
my stream isn't very good so don't trust too much in my jumps ;)

Machida: 4toe 2footed, 3a3toe, 3lz, 3f, fell preparing the 3loop, single axel, 3lz3toe, 3sal-2toe

sigrid

On the Ice
Kovalevski: 3axel fall, 3loop stepped out-2toe, 3lz, 2ax, 3loop, 3toe-2toe-2toe, 3sal, 2a-2toe

sigrid

On the Ice
Tretiakov: 3ax, 3a-2toe, 3f-3toe stepped out, 3lz, 3loop, 3f2t2loop, single salchow, 2ax