Men's Free Program: 6:45 AM Eastern | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Men's Free Program: 6:45 AM Eastern

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I turned off the music to watch Chan. It improves my experience of watching his skating immeasurably when I don't have to sputter and moan about his skating through his music.

Shaba22

Final Flight
1 Tomas VERNER (CZE) 230.31
2 Patrick CHAN (CAN) 227.21
3 Jeremy ABBOTT (USA) 217.21
4 Samuel CONTESTI (ITA) 207.30
5 Alban PREAUBERT (FRA) 204.68
6 Artur GACHINSKI (RUS) 202.94
7 Yuzuru HANYU (JPN) 202.66
8 Ivan TRETIAKOV (RUS) 189.85
9 Javier FERNANDEZ (ESP) 184.06
10 Konstantin MENSHOV (RUS) 181.15
11 Tatsuki MACHIDA (JPN) 177.01
12 Anton KOVALEVSKI (UKR) 175.54

gmyers

Record Breaker
I don't like that Verner won at all. It is what I thought would happen when Lysacek won the Olympics. Skaters who can do quads not doing them anymore to win. He is so far beneath where he was in 2007 with his worlds free skate. Verner is blech now.

MikiAndoFan#1

Record Breaker
I don't like that Verner won at all. It is what I thought would happen when Lysacek won the Olympics. Skaters who can do quads not doing them anymore to win. He is so far beneath where he was in 2007 with his worlds free skate. Verner is blech now.

You don't like him now just because he isn't attempting quads?

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

So you'd rather sloppy Chan win again with 4 falls (1 in the SP and 3 in the LP)? :confused: I don't get that at all! :scowl::disapp:

So far this GP season, Chan has fallen a total of 8 times and he has a gold and a silver medal to show for it. I think he needs to borrow Crone + Poirier's SD music and use it as an exhibition.

Last edited:

Tanja90

On the Ice

Excuse me? who should have won then??? 3 falls' program of chan??? tomas is a top class skater and he won fairly because he skated the best program of the day!

janetfan

Match Penalty
I turned off the music to watch Chan. It improves my experience of watching his skating immeasurably when I don't have to sputter and moan about his skating through his music.

Yes - I feel the same way. Chan's IN reminds me of Kanako - he skates through the music. Never shows anything highlighting the music as it builds or changes - it lacks nuances - bigtime for such huge reputation skater.

Very fancy footwork with average spins, weak jumps, and medirocre IN.
Tomas deserved the Gold.

gmyers

Record Breaker
I basically think that Verner was the right winner but I wish he didn't win in the way that he did which I find unfortunate.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
I don't understand how anyone can say Verner didn't deserve it. He delivered and the others didn't. Where's the problem?

smia

Rinkside
So happy for Tomas!! Is this his first gold on the Grand Prix series?

In contrast to his short program, I actually really enjoy Patrick's free program but that many falls ruins it.

Tanja90

On the Ice
More like he is so far beneath the skater he was. His regression is sad.

His regression??? when was the last time you saw him competitng? 2007? I guess so because none who had seen tomas last year would call his performances at cup of russia regression!

You could've complained if chan landed the quad but he didn't an he's fallen 3 times...for me he was lucky to have made the secon score today...